News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Installation shouldn't be this difficult

Started by Siirist, June 23, 2017, 11:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: CoreISP on June 23, 2017, 10:24:16 PM
At most, it may happen that for 2.0.14 you have to modify a custom theme (if you have any) manually (like, one little piece of code); that's it.

As posted elsewhere, session check fails in Curve on some servers.  Just finished fixing a forum that had the problem, by disabling session check in LogInOut.php.  It's been reported several times, by myself and others.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Siirist

Quote from: Siirist on June 23, 2017, 10:26:14 PM
Um, what is my table prefix?  is it was is in front of my database name?

Checked the Online Manual, it doesn't say.

Waits . . .
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

br360

Go into your phpadmin and check the database you created for this site. It should be smf_  but might be something else depending on what info you added

Sir Osis of Liver

No, it's what's in front of the table names.  You can look at the tables with phpmyadmin, or find the prefix in database info in Settings.php -

$db_prefix = 'smf_';

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Siirist

Quote from: br360 on June 24, 2017, 12:07:38 AM
Go into your phpadmin and check the database you created for this site. It should be smf_  but might be something else depending on what info you added

Well, as you saw in my attachments, and this attachment, the prefix for my database name and database username are "asanc695_"

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on June 24, 2017, 12:09:44 AM
No, it's what's in front of the table names.  You can look at the tables with phpmyadmin,
See attachment

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on June 24, 2017, 12:09:44 AM
or find the prefix in database info in Settings.php -

$db_prefix = 'smf_';

Don't have a settings.php because SMF has not been installed.   :P

Tried "asanc695_" and got a connection error.   ???

The Solution=the default, which is "smf_"
Apparently it must be "smf_"

Thanks got the forum installed and running.   :D

Marked as solved.  ;)
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

Kindred

No..  it does not have to be smf
I have used a dozen different ones
And, if you were installing a new forum  you can use nearly anything... the only time it matters is when you are attempting to connect to a n existing database
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Siirist

Needed information:

Illori

the screenshot you provided is the database name. if you expand that then you would see all the tables along with their prefix.

Siirist

Quote from: Illori on June 24, 2017, 11:41:36 AM
the screenshot you provided is the database name. if you expand that then you would see all the tables along with their prefix.

Yeah, did that, they all have the same beginning as the database name.
Needed information:

Advertisement: