News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

b a t m a n

Started by Shambles, June 23, 2017, 11:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shambles

Just wondering why sm.org's censored word list is transforming the characters "a t m a" (remove the spaces) into a capital "I"?

As in "b a t m a n" (remove the spaces)   8)

It does this even within [code] tags

Illori

this was changed due to a user that would not stop using that word in reference to themselves.

Arantor

Shambles

Ah yes, I remember that member. Kept referring to himself in the 3rd party.

Quote from: Arantor
Wow. Who was that?

Spooky that you should post here - I was trying to refer to you in an earlier thread as "b a t m a n" (but changed it to superman).

Arantor

He was an... interesting person.

Also, just assume I read everything ;D

Shambles

On an unrelated matter, these post times are interesting...

Arantor

SMF doesn't order by time, but by creation. There are circumstances on the cusp of a second where race conditions occur that can cause this. But it's pretty rare.

LiroyvH

Might have to replace that avatar for a DeLorean.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Shambles

Steve

Quote from: Illori on June 23, 2017, 11:51:51 AM
this was changed due to a user that would not stop using that word in reference to themselves.

Since that user hasn't been here in over a year, can this be changed?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Irisado

Considering he has a habit of dropping back in at random intervals, I think that we're better off leaving things as they are.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

shawnb61

Was it really that bad?  Who cares if he refers to  himself as the Caped Crusader?

If the posts are bad, moderate them.  If not, who cares?

In the meanwhile, everyone else is robbed of one descriptive metaphor/refetence/archetype.

I'd get rid of it.   Just my thoughts...
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Arantor

He must *really* have annoyed people with his posting. I've only ever seen this place do that kind of censoring in relation to one other person in the past, and that's ancient history.

Shambles

I've had a word with Shambles and Shambles agreed.

Now, if Shambles weren't to agree then Shambles and I would have to agree to disagree.

Shambles might disagree with that agreement though.

Gluz

Not even close to what Shambles posted. It was a challenge to try to understand what they wrote, I just lurk in those threads, but I remember that.

Gwenwyfar

Just curious, but if his writing was already so bad, what would censoring one word out of it help with? (And not sure I follow where it would even make sense to use the said censored word to refer to himself...)
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Shambles

Shambles understands your question.

shawnb61

The old posts are hilarious.  From a distance.

But judging from the language, I think it was actually Alfred posing as the Dark Knight, not the Caped Crusader himself.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Steve

I think it's silly to censor it. As shawn says, who cares? jmo
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: