News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Won't stay logged in

Started by turboguy, June 23, 2017, 12:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turboguy

At the moment I can't get to the forum at all either.   I don't know that anyone is working on the website but will try and find out.  The person who developed the Main website is remote and I usually only contact him through email.  I will email him and ask him if he is working on the website and ask him not to do anything for a while if he is.  I don't have any reason to think he is working on it.  He is pretty knowledgeable in Joomla but not SMF as far as I know.  I will email him and post as soon as I hear back.

turboguy

I heard back from the guy who works on the Joomla part.  He says he logged in but didn't make any changes.  There are some kinks in our shopping module he want to fix but hasn't done any think yet and that should not have any effect on the forum.

I can access the old forum (hydroseeding.org/forum through a back door (new member email) and that one seems fine but can't access the hydroseeding.ort/jcms/forum

Sir Osis of Liver

Just got on, will take another look.  Haven't been able to find the redirects.  The problem is not in the forum, it's somewhere else in the website.

Forgot to ask, why are you using a subdomain?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Ok, I've removed the redirect on new install, you should be able to access it at /jcms/forum.  You have to clear browser, it caches .htaccess.  Still looking for image loading glitch, think it's related to subdomain.

- R. Waters

turboguy

As far as the sub domain that was the way the guy who did the web site wanted to do it.  The current site is actually the third site the association has had.  I did the first one, the second was done by a friend in DreamWeaver and still exists in the main part of the domain.  The board wanted to have the site redone to be more modern and responsive and one of the other directors who is with a very large company suggested the guy who works for them doing their web sites.

Anyway he was building the new site in a sub directory so it could get everything worked out and go live and seemed to feel the easiest way to do that was to just redirect everything to the sub directory.

At our last board meeting one of the other directors was complaining that with a Google search you could still access the old site so he did some modifying to force everyone to the new site and that is when the forum problems started. 

turboguy

Yes, I can access the forum now.  In Chrome everything looks ok in IE the pictures at the top (more info links) are not showing but the other blocks seem to work.

turboguy

I did check it out in Opera just now and everything seems fine in Opera.  The only browser that is giving problems is IE.

Sir Osis of Liver

I changed the links in the portal block and ad mod (footer ad) from subdomain to domain.  Images display erratically in IE11 and FF52.  You can always see them if you're logged in, sometimes yes, sometimes no when you log out.  Seems to be session related.  It's not the mods because they both behave the same.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: turboguy on June 27, 2017, 04:41:48 PM
he did some modifying to force everyone to the new site and that is when the forum problems started. 

That's the /.htaccess in your root, it's causing everything to loop back to the website homepage at /jcms, including the forum link on the homepage.  I renamed it .htaccess_sav to disable it.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Just on for a minute, this topic is marked solved, uncheck it, maybe one of support mopes will take a look.  They often skip solved topics.  Be back on tonight.  Still looks like a session problem, making browser do strange things. 

- R. Waters

turboguy

I didn't mark it solved but did check that it was not solved.

Now with the redirect renamed our old web site is showing up instead of the new one and the forum still has some issues. 

turboguy

I am thinking that if I have the guy who did the web site go back to the original redirect it is possible everything will work ok.  It was when he did the new redirect that the problems started and he changed it to solve a minor problem that we could live with.

Sir Osis of Liver

Just got on.  Are you trying to redirect direct link to old forum to new forum?  The image load problem occurs on both installs, may have something to do with Joomla setup.  Have a few things to check.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

This gets stranger.  I can access both your old and new forums, both have the same missing images.  I've cloned your forum on my server, same problem.  Did a clean 2.0.13 install on my server connected to your database, installed SimplePortal 2.3.6, Ad Manager 3.2, uploaded your attachments, same thing.  It's not the forum files, they're clean, not likely it's the mods, since they're both affected exactly the same, it almost has to be something in the database.  I'm beat, will get back to it tomorrow.

- R. Waters

turboguy

This does seem to be a strange problem.   One of the issues now is with the redirect disabled the old web site is showing instead of the new Joomla web site.  I have asked the guy who did the Joomla site to put the redirect back so the right web site shows. 

I wish I could be of more help but this is all way over my head and I really appreciate all the work you are putting into this. 

Sir Osis of Liver

Having another go at it.  As I have replicated the problem on my host, I can do terrible things to it.  The redirect your guy had set up was causing all forum links, including the link on /jcms homepage, to loop back to homepage.  There was no way to get to the forum.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Ok, I've fixed the image glitch, they all display correctly.  Had to disable the redirect your website guy put in (again), it prevented access to either forum.  I've also redirected /forum to /jcms/forum, so old forum link goes to new forum.  A lot of stuff has been badly done on your forum (and website), not surprising you're having problems.  Let me know if anything's not right.

- R. Waters

lurkalot

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on June 29, 2017, 06:22:29 PM
Ok, I've fixed the image glitch, they all display correctly.  Had to disable the redirect your website guy put in (again), it prevented access to either forum.  I've also redirected /forum to /jcms/forum, so old forum link goes to new forum.  A lot of stuff has been badly done on your forum (and website), not surprising you're having problems.  Let me know if anything's not right.

Sorry to butt in, but been following this thread, and now noticed, some of the Forum links on the home page, seem to be pointing to,

http://hydroseeding.org/jcms/forumindex.php?action=forum  ;)

Sir Osis of Liver

There are a lot of mistakes like that.  Where are you seeing it?

- R. Waters

lurkalot

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on June 29, 2017, 06:57:36 PM
There are a lot of mistakes like that.  Where are you seeing it?

On this page, http://www.hydroseeding.org/

1: The big button titled "End Users" One on that page.

2: The text below that big button also has one,

"End Users: Homeowners, construction companies and anyone needing hydroseeding. Visit our sister site at HydroSeeding Experts for the largest list of hydroseeding contractors in the world. Have questions about hydroseeding? Visit our Forum and get your questions answered by the experts. Learn more..."

3: Bottom left. there's another one.

Advertisement: