News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

forum attachment trouble

Started by DarkAngel612, June 23, 2017, 11:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkAngel612

version: 2.0.14
various mods
link:    http://pfdlives.com/pfd/             (closed forum so if you need to get in pm me for test account)

Recently moved it to a new host and it put up a fight not wanting to propagate so after a week it finally gave in.

Everything is acting like it should except the attachments. New attachments are working so that is good - however - all the former attachments are not all showing up. Some do appear in the posts but there are many threads that they are not showing....all you see is the link.

I have run repair_settings numerous times, ran the updater file since I had to move it to new server. I have even deleted the files moved, re-uploaded the files also numerous times and still some do not show up.

I know the image is fine since I can see it on my computer desktop but the forum does not show it. I went to the database and ran repair database then optimize and that did not help nor doing any of the maintenance items in admin.

Ideas to get them to be seen, aside from hovering over the link and hunting down the image which the software has been so kind as to rename with a number...LOL
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Sir Osis of Liver

PM test account and link to failed attachment, will have a look.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

If you still have access to the old server, you'll need to download a copy of everything in the attachments folder onto your hard drive, then upload that copy onto the new server... you'll need to do that for any additional smileys you may have added as well as avatars.
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

DarkAngel612

Quote from: Bob Perry on June 23, 2017, 11:11:54 PM
If you still have access to the old server, you'll need to download a copy of everything in the attachments folder onto your hard drive, then upload that copy onto the new server... you'll need to do that for any additional smileys you may have added as well as avatars.

Thanks Bob but I did several times before removing from old host. I have the entire folder on desktop and have removed from new ftp then replaced the files...all 7000+ of them...LOL

@Sir Osis--- pm on way
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Sir Osis of Liver

The problem seems to be with the post, not the attachments, it's not showing any attachment or broken image.  If you look at the post in post editor (Modify), drop 'Attachments and other options', is anything 'Attached'?

You're also having the 2.0.14 session check failure on login.  Can you revert to 2.0.13?

- R. Waters

DarkAngel612

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on June 24, 2017, 01:33:41 AM
The problem seems to be with the post, not the attachments, it's not showing any attachment or broken image.  If you look at the post in post editor (Modify), drop 'Attachments and other options', is anything 'Attached'?

You're also having the 2.0.14 session check failure on login.  Can you revert to 2.0.13?

will go do it now.

DarkAngel612

I think I may not have done it right, I used the package manager to revert, it says it is 20.13 but not at the bottom of the forum it still says 20.14

DarkAngel612

I had not realized the time so willput it back to current until needed tomorrow.

Can do .13 but would rather not do so by uploading those files.

lurkalot

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on June 24, 2017, 01:33:41 AM

See it's running Tinyportal 1.2, so if the user block is turned on, (which it is) then you will have this error. We have it fixed in TP 1.3 as you can see running here, http://www.tinyportal.net but that's not released yet.

DarkAngel612

Thanks lurkalot I will take a look at it and I think I got an email of it being release already from TP site.

I did not notice the error nor have any of the members that had to relog in say a thing about it and they be vocal since they are my other sets of eyes.

lurkalot

Quote from: DarkAngel612 on June 24, 2017, 02:59:38 PM

Thanks lurkalot I will take a look at it and I think I got an email of it being release already from TP site.

That was probably from here actually. I just released 1.3 https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=97

DarkAngel612

Sir Osis of Liver

The problem was not in the portal block login, but in the header login (index.template.php).  Can't do anything now, looks like test account pw was changed.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: