News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0.14 not displaying correctly.

Started by The Gamer Guy, June 25, 2017, 12:08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Gamer Guy

I recently installed SMF on my Linux box, but after installation, it looks visually broken. Internally everything appears to be in order, but on the surface is a mangled mess. The install.php works totally fine. It has no visual errors, and it executes with no errors. Though the installed forum appears broken, like I mentioned earlier. I'm thinking this has something to do with me having the wrong version of PHP(or something?), but to be honest I'm rather new at this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

br360

Kindred

specifically, it has to do with some servers not recording the correct urls/paths to the forum and themes during the setup process.
so, repair_settings.php will help you fix the issue with the correct settings.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

The Gamer Guy

Worked like a charm. Thank you very much gentlemen!

It seems as though the IP addresses in the themes URLs defaulted to 127.0.0.1 and caused problems, exactly like you said. Changing the addresses to reflect the internal IP address of the machine has everything working flawlessly.

Although I am unsure weather I should have these set to the internal or external address? Im connecting to the machine through LAN so i doubt it'll make a difference to me, but im not so sure about people connecting from WAN.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

The Gamer Guy

Advertisement: