UPgrading from 1.1.21 HELP

Started by newborndeath, June 25, 2017, 05:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newborndeath

hi guys, im desperately trying to upgrade my forum.

I was a dummy and didn't back up so i overwrote when uploading the large Upgrade.

Needless to say that was a horrible idea on my part, and upgrading doesn't work. I get error:
Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /home/content/s/a/i/mywebsite/html/Forum/upgrade.php on line 854

Is there a way to get my database back and install a fresh copy of the latest smf and just restore posts and users??
or
is there a way to fix the upgrade.php problem?

Illori

override with the large upgrade files for 2.0.13, then use the package manager to upgrade to 2.0.14.

vbgamer45

Also make sure if you are on PHP 5.4 or higher.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

newborndeath

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 25, 2017, 05:33:38 PM
Also make sure if you are on PHP 5.4 or higher.

My hosting company is godaddy, and i have php version 5.2 but just changed it to 5.3.( The latest version godaddy will let me select)

Quote from: Illori on June 25, 2017, 05:23:08 PM
override with the large upgrade files for 2.0.13, then use the package manager to upgrade to 2.0.14.

is there a link to the large package for that version? i can't seem to find it. thanks!

also the "line 854" error is
$request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '

Sir Osis of Liver

Contact GoDaddy support, tell them to move you to a different server with current version of php.  5.6, 7.0, 7.1 are currently supported. 
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

newborndeath

Quote from: Illori on June 25, 2017, 05:57:48 PM
https://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_2-0-13_upgrade.zip

This actually worked! I can access the upgrade file. Onnly thing is when i enter my credentials and hit continue or connect, nothing happens. Just refreshed the page. I also tried to disabled the admin login. And nothing.

newborndeath

I actually got further!!! but the install stalls at "Executing: "Upgrading the error log." (14 of 42)"

IN reality it doesn't stall, it just takes very very long to go up ever 1%. It has been 2 days and it hasn't reached 100%
It got close but my net went out the first day when it was around 70% and my cat layed on my keyboard the second time when it was almost 60% Both those times took 16 hrs approx. EACH

should i delete that error file? maybe it'll just make a new blank one?? going on 5 hours and its only at 30%

Kindred

You should always delete the error log before upgrading
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

newborndeath

Quote from: Kindred on June 27, 2017, 09:51:45 PM
You should always delete the error log before upgrading
thanks for your answer. Do you happen to know where the error log is located? Much appreciated.

Kindred

well, you can empty the log from inside the admin before the uprade...

I *THINK* you could also try running

TRUNCATE smf_log_errors

from inside phpmyadmin
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

phpmyadmin has an option to empty (not drop) a table.  Click on database, it will show Structure, listing all tables.  Check checkbox next to _log_errors, go to bottom, drop 'Actions", empty table.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

newborndeath

thanks guys! will try to empty the table if it fails again. seeing as i'm at 73% currently i see no point interrupting the installation.

vbgamer45

Where you able to get it completed?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: