News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Problem installing SMF latest version 2.0.14

Started by FalsAlarm, June 25, 2017, 06:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FalsAlarm

I'm using Linode for my webhost. CentOS 6.5 and I'm experiencing trouble during the installation.

After uploading the zip file to my host in the proper mydomain.tld/Forum/ dir, I visited the URL for the forum in my web browser(Firefox).  The installer redirected the URL to the /Forum/install.php like it's supposed to. The first thing the installation did was tell me to fix permissions on certain files/directories which I'm experienced enough to do, no problems.  8) Then the installer asked me for my Database information which I'm experienced enough to provide as well. Then once I click the button to continue after entering in my database information, It takes me to the following URL, mydomain.tld/Forum/install.php?step=2 and just sits there with no output at all and a blank white screen..

Can anyone help me get past this particular installation problem? 8)

FalsAlarm

I thought I would add the following line to install.php file near the top.

ini_set("display_errors", "On");

After submitting the database information, I now receive the following error after I click on the button to continue.

Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /var/www/mydomain.tld/public_html/Forum/install.php on line 843

vbgamer45

Make sure your PHP version is at least 5.4 you can ask your host to upgrade if it is not.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: