News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Persian language

Started by SaidJan, June 25, 2017, 06:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaidJan

Hi,

In SMF2.0, I could change the board names to persian easily, but in 2.1b3, when I save it, it changes to question marks.
Please fix it.

Kindred

Change your site to UTF8 before upgrading to 2.1 beta
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SaidJan

I figured out that I should change the DB to utf-8 when importing.
Thanks though.
Now I need GMT +3:30 timezone. Can I add it myself?

vbgamer45

Admin -> Features and Options -> Server timezone
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

shawnb61

If the DB was not UTF8, the 2.1 upgrader will perform the upgrade to UTF8.  You do not have to do the UTF8 conversion before the upgrade. 

There *is* an issue in the 2.1b3 upgrader where, if the 2.1 upgrader performed the UTF8 conversion, an appropriate entry is not made in the settings.php file.   If this entry is not present:
$db_character_set = 'utf8';

... then add it. 

If there are still issues with character set display, this diagnostic utility may help:
https://github.com/sbulen/sjrbTools/blob/master/SMF_UTF8_Diag.php
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

vjulian

Quote from: SaidJan on June 25, 2017, 06:44:27 PM
Hi,

In SMF2.0, I could change the board names to persian easily, but in 2.1b3, when I save it, it changes to question marks.
Please fix it.

Did the solution suggested by shawnb61 worked for you. Kindly update.

SaidJan

Yes, by changing the format to UTF-8 it worked.
Updated!
Thanks

vjulian

Quote from: SaidJan on July 03, 2017, 09:19:07 AM
Yes, by changing the format to UTF-8 it worked.
Updated!
Thanks
Great I will note that down for future reference.

Advertisement: