Weird problem with Info Center size on mobile

Started by e_xrt123, June 26, 2017, 12:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_xrt123

Hi,
I'm having a weird problem with size of the "Info Center" being too big on mobile, but ONLY when some user is logged in and the "active users" is displayed and ONLY with polish-utf8 language (don't know about other languages because I'm not using anything more except english/polish).
Not SMF version problem because it also happened on 2.0.1.3, I have modified my style and some of the files but cannot exactly recall which ones (probably mostly BoardIndex.template.php)

The problem is that I've set up a clean install of SMF 2.0.1.4, installed EXACTLY the same style, the same mods, copied entire styles & some files like BoardIndex.template.php directly from my www server but guess what - it works fine on my local SMF installation. The size is correctly adjusted to the screen size.
Althoug I haven't set all the SMF settings to the same as my real forum uses (because I cannot recall which changes I have made)
What could be causing it? Where should I look at? I'm not very familiar with how SMF works internally.

You can see what I'm talking about in the screenshots I attached. This doesn't look like any style related problem because I have copied the CSS & php files from my original style.

// Oh and also, I can see the footer & font size is too big on mobile, but this happens even on clean SMF install, is there a way to make the size normal?

Gwenwyfar

The first thing to look would be your mods and modifications you made, does this happen on a clean 2.0.14 install (no mods or custom changes)? If it doesn't, we'll need to know what changes you have made, or preferably a link to your forum since this could be css-related.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Biology Forums

Open up your style.css file.

Under body, add:

body {
-webkit-text-size-adjust: none;
}

This will prevent mobile browsers from adjusting fonts on their own.

e_xrt123

Quote from: Stylus on June 26, 2017, 07:26:19 PM
Open up your style.css file.

Under body, add:

body {
-webkit-text-size-adjust: none;
}

This will prevent mobile browsers from adjusting fonts on their own.

Hell yeah it worked! Thank you very much  ;D although i put it into #upshrinkHeaderIC p so the adjustment is disabled only there, some adjustments in the body may be okay but this one was getting out of hand.

Advertisement: