Make a member moderator of one board

Started by SaidJan, June 26, 2017, 04:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaidJan

Hi,

How can I make 1 or 2 members to be the moderator of one or two boards?
Should I make a new usergroup for each board? because I have lots of boards (254 and adding...)
How does it work?

Thanks

Kindred

no. moderators are assigned in the board settings - not by group
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SaidJan

So where can I add a member to moderate a board?
I didn't find it in board setting.

Illori

you can do it by group, by using a permission profile assigned to the board, but that means the user is in the group. but this not our recommended method.

when you edit a board, it has an option to add a moderator.

SaidJan

Found it, thanks.
Now how to rename their position? I wanna say that this member is the "Moderator of this specific board"

Illori

you can with a membergroup but otherwise you cant.

SaidJan

Hopefully they add this to the 2.1 final. Anyone knows when approximately they would release it? less than 1 year?

Kindred

1- it will be released when it is ready.

2- there are no new features being added to 2.1 - else it would never be released
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

are you actually using SMF 2.1? we dont recommend using it live.

SaidJan

Yes I am using 2.1. Because I really need a non-WYSIWYG editor + like system.
And now I don't know what happened that although "Disable WYSIWYG editor" is checked, but it's still WYSIWYG. That last button dissapeared. I don't know how and why.

Arantor

Well, 2.0 ships with a WYSIWYG editor that can be disabled, and there's no shortage of likes mods for it.

But you'd still have the same problem with management, and unless you have a few million posts, 254 boards is probably way too many anyway.

SaidJan

I had 2.0. I didn't find a way to disable WYSIWYG, so I upgraded to 2.1. Could you please help me with disabling it in 2.0 and having a normal editor?
Thanks

Illori

you cant downgrade to SMF 2.0 from SMF 2.1. do you have a backup that you can use to restore back to SMF 2.0?

SaidJan

Yes, I do have a backup of my DB. I should remove all folders and install 2.0 in the same folder.

Illori

well we dont recommend people use SMF 2.1 live in the first place. if you dont mind loosing topics/messages/users that have been made since you upgraded you can and should downgrade. once you do then you should start a new topic for your questions in the SMF 2.0 support board.

Arantor

The answer will be basically the same, though: you still have to make a member into a moderator board by board (or use profiles) and either way, 254 boards is still almost certainly waaaaaaaay too many.

SaidJan

I downgraded to 2.0
I wanted to import members, boards, categories tables to a new database. For boards and cat. I had to delete 1 column to be able to copy the tables, but for members table, the differences in columns were 10, so since I have only 4 members so far, I thought it would be better to create the members again.
Do you think that was a wise thing I did ?  :-\ Looks like the forum has no problem.

Illori

that is why we asked you if you had a backup to restore. if you dont then dont do what you are trying unless you know what you are doing.

SaidJan

I have a backup of my forum db, but in 2.1 version. But now that I'm looking more, looks like they're not compatible. So I should either make the boards and everything from scratch, or stick with 2.1
I wish the final version on 2.1 would release soon  :( or there was an easier way to make the boards.

Arantor

The easiest way is to MAKE LESS BOARDS.

I sincerely doubt you need 254 of them. I'd be genuinely surprised if you needed 100 of them.

Advertisement: