News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Converting phpbb3 to smf 2.014

Started by blinkicb, June 02, 2017, 05:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blinkicb

Hello all. I hope someone can help with my issue. I have been trying to convert from phpbb 3.2 to smf 2.0.14 but I just can't seem to get the converter to work.

Here are the steps that I have done:

1. Backed up phpbb3 directory and database
2. Created a directory named /phpbb in my smf forum directory
3. Uploaded the phpbb3 database to the smf/forum/phpbb directory
4. Downloaded and copied the converter.php and the phpbb3_to_smf.sql to my smf forum directory

But when I run the converter, here is what I get "Unable to find the settings for phpBB3. Please double check the path and try again."

What am I doing wrong?

vbgamer45

I don't believe the phpbb3 convertor supports phpBB 3.2 yet.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

blinkicb

I can upload the backed up phpbb 3.1.6 files and update to a different version. If I do this, what version should I update to? And what is the process to converting to smf as I asked in my prior post?

Thank you.

blinkicb

WOW...131 views and only one answer. That is just sad.

Illori

do you really expect that the spiders and guests to reply with further information?

vbgamer45

I belie the convertor only supports the 3.0.x version of phpBB
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

blinkicb

Quote from: Illori on June 05, 2017, 04:53:37 AM
do you really expect that the spiders and guests to reply with further information?

Yes I do. That is why I registered. I need help on an issue. What kid of question is that? This is a forum. That is what it is here for. And why don't you try answering the question or giving some type of help instead of asking a question with a question?

BTW....Thanks gamer. I will have to try to revert back to 3.0 and try it.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Illori

Quote from: blinkicb on June 05, 2017, 12:48:30 PM
Quote from: Illori on June 05, 2017, 04:53:37 AM

Yes I do. That is why I registered. I need help on an issue. What kid of question is that? This is a forum. That is what it is here for. And why don't you try answering the question or giving some type of help instead of asking a question with a question?

usually when there is an answer to be provided one will. just because you have x number of views does not mean that people that know the answer have read the topic and will reply. we get a lot of traffic from guests and search engine spiders, a lot of those guests will never register here.

blinkicb

Understood. But if I registered and posted, I am not a spider. I posted a support question. There was no need for that type of reply. Look at the reply you posted and vbgamer45 posted. Illori didn't have to come off like that. That way chases people away and if that is what he is about then I don't need the help. I will just install another forum and be on my way. I just was asking for support in a problem I was having.

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Advertisement: