Errors While Converting from PHPBB 3.0.12 to SMF 2.0.14

Started by apexadllc, June 26, 2017, 06:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apexadllc

I am trying to convert a forum from PHPBB 3.0.12 to SMF.  I have the PHPBB forum moved to my server and have SMF installed and working as well.  User privileges granted for both databases.  When I enter the path to both to start the conversion I get this error right off: Unknown system variable 'SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE'

I read on one topic to delete that out of the convert.php file, but when I do I still get errors starting with ranks.  Any help please?

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

vbgamer45

Then look into increasing that variable in your my.cnf file
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

apexadllc

I contacted my hosting company.  They told me I am on a managed VPS account and that change can't be made unless I'm on an unmanaged VPS account.  Right now that join size is set at 1,000,000.  Thoughts / suggestions?

I just tried it again this morning and didn't get the max join size error but here is what I got:

Notice: Undefined index: convert_script in /home/*****/public_html/bb/convert.php on line 972

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/*****/public_html/bb/convert.php on line 975

Notice: Undefined index: convert_script in /home/*****/public_html/bb/convert.php on line 987
Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics...
Notice: Undefined variable: result in /home/*****/public_html/bb/convert.php on line 2494

Notice: Undefined variable: result in /home/*****/public_html/bb/convert.php on line 2495

Notice: Undefined index: db_fetch_assoc in /home/*****/public_html/bb/convert.php on line 1386

Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /home/*****/public_html/bb/convert.php on line 1386

apexadllc

Anyone have any suggestions here? Any help is greatly appreciated.

vbgamer45

Make sure you hosting account is at least on PHP version 5.4 or higher.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

apexadllc

I am still having issues with this.  I moved everything to another server where the max join size wasn't capped, it is a shared hosting plan, but since that was the error I was getting I figured I should be alright. 

Set everything up on the new server to try the converter, and bam, same max join size error and it's set as high as it'll go.  Any help?

apexadllc

Any thoughts on this?  Running php 5.6 by the way. 

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

apexadllc

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

apexadllc

Same error: Unknown system variable 'SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE'

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

apexadllc

I didn't get an error this time, which is great, however it just sits on converting ranks.

apexadllc

I am at a loss here.  Is there anyone I can pay to help convert his for me?

Advertisement: