News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Error log after update to 2.0.14

Started by Cola-Coca, June 27, 2017, 03:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cola-Coca

Hi,

I noticed that after update 2.0.13 to 2.0.14 in error log occurred errors which is repeated.

This is error:

http://www.xxxxx.com/index.php?action=keepalive;time=1498585517749P
session_start(): Failed to decode session object. Session has been destroyed
/home/admin/xxxxxxx.com/Sources/Load.php
Line: 2682

When I look at the file 'load.php' line 2682 I see this:

text:

// Use cache setting sessions?
if (empty($modSettings['databaseSession_enable']) && !empty($modSettings['cache_enable']) && php_sapi_name() != 'cli')
{
if (function_exists('mmcache_set_session_handlers'))
mmcache_set_session_handlers();
elseif (function_exists('eaccelerator_set_session_handlers'))
eaccelerator_set_session_handlers();
}

session_start();

Does anyone know why this error is occurring? As I said before, it appeared after update to 2.0.14.
I LOVE SMF

Sir Osis of Liver

Uninstall 2.0.14, stay with 2.0.13 until 2.0.15 is released.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Cola-Coca

I LOVE SMF

Sir Osis of Liver

A session check was added to 2.0.14, it's caused other problems.  Absent any other response, uninstall 2.0.14, stay with 2.0.13 until 2.0.15 is released.

- R. Waters

d3vcho

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on June 28, 2017, 01:00:40 PM
A session check was added to 2.0.14, it's caused other problems.  Absent any other response, uninstall 2.0.14, stay with 2.0.13 until 2.0.15 is released.

Please don't follow this suggestion. Just please wait patiently for an answer of any support member.

What PHP version are you using?
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

NekoSensei

Hi all !

Already reported by me here :
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=554292.0

and "Kiriakos GR" here
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=554377.0

At the moment the Lead Developer Colin is supposed to look at my problem right now by analyzing my website :)

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: d3vcho(); on June 28, 2017, 03:11:09 PM
Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on June 28, 2017, 01:00:40 PM

Please don't follow this suggestion. Just please wait patiently for an answer of any support member.

Not very helpful.  First priority in support should be to get users' forums working properly, not provide cover for bad release. ;)

- R. Waters

Arantor

It's not related to the session check but other behaviour relating to sessions in general that may have been backported by accident but shouldn't have been.

NekoSensei

My finding is that these errors only come when a spam client seeks to register or log in, and only them, these errors are not there with a human client.

Arantor

I've encountered these errors myself when logging in as myself, so I know there is something wrong and that it didn't happen with 2.0.13.

Cola-Coca

Hello,

I've solved this problem in the way that I changed the name of forum 'cookie'.

Thanks to all.
I LOVE SMF

shawnb61

Thanks for the report back, Cola-Coca.   

I also agree that the bar for deleting/moderating posts should be very high.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Arantor

I see that a post of mine has also been removed.

I do worry that there is a conflict of interest between being "correct" and people having a working forum...

shawnb61

I don't think there is a concerted effort for over "correctness"...

I think the tension is that some of these 2.0.14 discussions are right on the boundary between honest helpful input & possible misinformation.  Often with a hint of snark, which doesn't help, it just makes things more frustrating. 

Even so, the posts should not have been deleted. 

(If we deleted all posts with snark, we'd save a LOT of DB space on this forum!   ;D)

IMO, it may be helpful to have a single official post with confirmed .14 issues & solutions to point to during these discussions.  That may be appropriate, as .14 was a little more bumpy than any other recent point release.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Arantor

Maybe because a lot of the snark comes from the way that the team has handled this. Notice that one of the people with such snark is a (recent) former team member.

Irisado

Just a reminder to everyone that this isn't the right place for discussions about moderation policy or how the Team handles releases, so please take it to a more appropriate board if you wish to continue it.  Thank you.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Sir Osis of Liver

Actually, this is the ideal place for discussing poor moderation, as this topic has been, and is still being, badly moderated.  Posts have been removed, some have been restored, by various team members over past day or so.  It's difficult for anyone following the topic to understand what's going on.  Obviously, there's disagreement among the team on how to moderate the thread.  Once again, inconsistent moderation is a problem. 

I appreciate the fact that you've tried to address this issue many times, Iris, but sometimes it's just better to leave a topic alone if there's no pressing need to moderate it.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Arantor on June 30, 2017, 11:40:11 AM
I see that a post of mine has also been removed.

Nothing personal, one of the team restored my previously deleted post and tried to clean up the ensuing moderation discussion.  Righthand vs. lefthand.

- R. Waters

Irisado

This is not the correct place to address this and this is the last time that I'm going to mention it.  Any further off topic discussion about moderation, releases, and such the like in this topic, will be deleted without any further discussion or warning, so again, if anyone has issues with these subjects please start a new topic in a more appropriate board.  This is a support topic in a support board and is not the place for airing grievances.  Thank you.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

NekoSensei

Quote from: Cola-Coca on June 30, 2017, 10:23:10 AM
Hello,

I've solved this problem in the way that I changed the name of forum 'cookie'.

Thanks to all.

I try this change for see, thanks

Advertisement: