News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Board Permission Error..?

Started by danster, June 29, 2017, 05:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danster

hi... I'm using smf 2.0.14  installed forum and I have a problem with board permission that is normally I make for regular members not allowed to post a new topic or reply without approve by the moderator so it's worked fine
but I create a new board with reply only option then after create that board permission to regular members are not working I mean only for that board which I created with reply only option all members can make reply without approving directly I don't no why it happens only for that board I created with reply only option for all other boards that permission work fine they cannot post anything without approving but for new board they can reply without approving so pls can anyone help me to resolve this issue..

Thank you

Illori

when you use the default permission profiles any other permissions that exist do not apply to that board and they cannot be modified. you need to create custom profile with the permissions you want and apply it to that board.

danster

Quote from: Illori on June 29, 2017, 06:23:03 AM
when you use the default permission profiles any other permissions that exist do not apply to that board and they cannot be modified. you need to create custom profile with the permissions you want and apply it to that board.

pls tell me how the way that create custom profile permission set for that specific board

Steve

Admin -> Permissions -> Edit Profiles -> Create Profile at the bottom of the page. (if I'm understanding your post correctly)
DO NOT pm me for support!

danster

Quote from: Steve on June 29, 2017, 03:15:08 PM
Admin -> Permissions -> Edit Profiles -> Create Profile at the bottom of the page. (if I'm understanding your post correctly)

Thanks I got it

Advertisement: