Embedding Imgur Album

Started by mrkid, July 03, 2017, 10:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrkid

Since Photobucket went postal, I switched to Imgur. One of the reasons was the ability to embed entire albums into a post. However, I can't seem to get it to work.
They used to use iframe, but now they run a block code.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/Albumnumberhere"><a href="//imgur.com/Albumnumberhere">Albumnamehere2017</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This doesn't show the album, no matter how I try to code the post.

The album itself will have the address:

http://imgur.com/a/Albumnumber

I looked up all of the BBCode mods, and none seem to cover Imgur.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

mrkid

Okay, cool! Now for the million dollar question...

If I load this, do I have to go back and edit 500 [youtube][/youtube] links again? My moderator may kill me...

vbgamer45

Well hmm you might be able to a database query and remove any of those tags [youtube] etc I would do it on a test message first and if it works do it on the rest.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

mrkid

It looks like I also have the option to turn off the Youtube embed, and keep the icon in my message block.

Does this mod allow just dropping the "share" link into the message, and the code is taken care of?

Sorry to ask all these questions outside of the support thread.

vbgamer45

Yes it does. You just drop the link in the message and it auto embeds that's the great part no extra work needed.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

mrkid

I think I'll just uninstall the Youtube and Vimeo mods, run yours, and do a Db dump to lose the
and replace with (leave blank)

vbgamer45

You can make a backup first.
But also here is a mysql command
https://www.w3schools.com/sql/func_mysql_replace.asp
Backup first!!!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

mrkid

I have Backup Pro, so I get a daily backup in the morning.

Can I leave the replace command blank?

vbgamer45

yeah like
update smf_messages set body = REPLACE(body, "[youtube]", "");

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

mrkid

Worked like a charm! Followed up with update smf_messages set body = REPLACE(body, "[/youtube]", ""); and I'm good to go. Your embedder is loaded and running like a champ.

vbgamer45

Glad you have it figured out :)

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: