News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Re: 2.0.13 -> 2.0.14 test fail on ./Sources/Subs.php

Started by Ian GSD, July 04, 2017, 02:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian GSD

I'm also getting a failure on 2.0.13 -> 2.014 but it involves a couple of errors.  I'm trying to do this directly on the heels of a successful 2.011 -> 2.013 update. Can anyone offer any guidance?

Kindred

Your issue is different from the original poster's issue... also, the original thread was already marked as solved. Please start your own threads for support.

However, the answer remains the same as with any mod install failure...  manually make the code change to the affected section, because some other mod has already altered the target code and it needs a manual check to know what to do
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ian GSD

Sorry for the posting error.  Looks like this is its own thread now.

I think I'm getting the error because the FIND sections just plain don't exist in the current file.  I can't find the first line of either one. I'm reluctant to start messing with these without knowing what I'm potentially doing to the forum.

attached is my subs.php

Kindred

I am on mobile, so I can not look at the file... but if that section is actually missing, then your installation is severely damaged.

It may. To find the EXACT code (obviously, since the auto find/install failed) but there must be something very close to that in the file (probably with a few extra characters or a minor change due to a mod)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Johnny54

The code that has to be changed probably is in line 1270 and following.
It appears to be changed by the nCode Image Resizer mod.

aegersz

I had a problem with the "Borders and Margins" mod too and it stopped me from upgrading to 2.0.14 (on my test system only as i'm not running 2.0.14 yet).

you may want to list your mods and if you run Linux then you can zgrep your Packages directory for some of the code that it can't find and that will help locate the mod that added that non-compatible code and you can remove it.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Ian GSD

OK, so it looks like I am running the nCode Image Resizer mod. 

What should I do to get the 2.0.14 upgrade to apply, uninstall nCode Image Resizer, run the update then reinstall nCode Image Resizer?

Ian GSD

Well, that's what I did and it worked, sort of. 

Uninstall of nCode Image Resizer (v. 1.3.1) allowed SMF update to apply but couldn't reinstall nCode Image Resizer.  A little research revealed a new version of the mod (v. 2.0) that installed just fine. 

Thanks for the help all.

Advertisement: