News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Upgrading to version 2.1.3 Help

Started by JonasTheGamer, July 07, 2017, 10:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonasTheGamer

Hello everyone!
I would like to update my forum from version 2.0.14 to 2.1.3 (béta)
Can i please get some help? I don't know where to start. I downloaded the large upgrade zip file for the 2.1.3 but then i got stuck. What do i have to do with it?

extracting and uploading the files to the forum but it stopped working. I am now going back to a backup that i took before i started "upgrading"  :)
^
So, What is the right way?
Thanks and regards,
Jonas
Link: forum.jonasgamertv.com

Illori

since SMF 2.1 is still in beta we really dont recommend anyone run it in production.

Kindred

Also, to be clear, this is version 2.1 beta 3, not 2.1.3
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

JonasTheGamer

Yay! The upgrade worked!
One problem: I can't reach https://jonasgamertv.com/forum/index.php?action=moderate while i'm logged in as the admin account.
I can reach https://jonasgamertv.com/forum/index.php?action=admin

How can i fix that please?
Thanks,
Jonas

JonasTheGamer

I also can't go to the package manager. PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS :(

Kindred

We are not a live/realtime support site.

Please have patience.

What is the reaction when you attempt to go to those sections?
If it just bounces you back to the forum index, then The issue is with your host and their poorly configured implementation of mod_security
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

JonasTheGamer

The respond:
This page isn't working
HTTP ERROR 500

Thanks,
Jonas

Arantor

Any mods installed? I doubt it but figured I'd ask anyway.

This is why we say not to run beta software on a live site because there will be bugs and people don't necessarily have the time to debug them for you right now.

JonasTheGamer

I just tried to remove everything from the forum inc. database. That worked. Then i created the map again and extracted the install from scratch version from 2.1 beta 3. Now i get the message: 404 not found.... Eveything was uploaded. It was done. I checked it. I really want the 2.1 beta 3 because the layout is awesome!
My plan i tried to follow:
Download the right archive
Extract it and upload it to the new map: domain.com/forum --This is where i got stuck.
go to that url and install it

Thanks!,
Jonas

JonasTheGamer

Advertisement: