News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Enable Image Proxy Parameter

Started by NekoSensei, July 09, 2017, 03:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NekoSensei

Hi all i have a strange problem..
I active the parameter "Enable Image Proxy" in server configuration , that change the config in Settings.php ... So far, so good

At first I saw several times this parameter become unchecked all by itself ... and I cursed internally my collegue who I thought was guilty of having fun to remove this  parameter ... Today I broke a lead and I got angry ... But here my colleague told me NEVER touched this parameter  :o ...

After an hour or two of reflection ... I thought that it could come from a modification of another parameter ... BINGO! I changed a parameter anywhere and the parameter "$image_proxy_enabled = 1;" Becomes "$image_proxy_enabled = 0;" !!!
What can this be? I tested one can everywhere it makes me the same!

shawnb61

I think that can happen if smf thinks you're not on https.

3 questions:
- Cert installed & Ok?
- Redirect installed & functional?
- Confirmed all URLs in repair_settings.php are Ok?

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

NekoSensei

All are OK, you can check my website on signature ;)
Proxy image work perfect like i said, but if i change a setting, that uncheck the box in server parameter. It does not have anything with your elements ;)

PS: i have the same problem with the test version in my computer ( wampserver )

shawnb61

Can you provide a link to your site?
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Shambles

If you manually edited Settings.php to set $image_proxy_enabled = 1;, does it retain that value when you change other board settings?

shawnb61

One more question:   Do you know if you use IIS or Apache?

shawnb61

NekoSensei

The change of parameter works very well, manual or not, the only worry is that if I modify another parameter in another tab, it changes especially and unintentionally the parameter with 0 value ...

I even test to move the line in Settings.php but it changes nevertheless this parameter  with 0 value...

I invite you to test on your own site  ;)

QuoteVotre version du forum: SMF 2.0.14 (plus de détails)
Version courante de SMF: SMF 2.0.14
Version de GD: bundled (2.1.0 compatible)
Version MySQL: 10.0.31-MariaDB
Memcached: 1.4.4
XCache: 3.2.0
PHP: 5.6.30
Version du serveur: Apache

Shambles

Quote.. I invite you to test on your own site ..

Done that on both my sites, since you created this topic ;)

I couldn't find anything that would amend Settings.php to [re]set that value.

NekoSensei

For exemple i go in the tab "Cookies and Sessions" and disable/active "Allow browsers to return to cached pages" and return for see the "Enable Image Proxy" ...  :o

shawnb61

Have you double-checked the URLs in repair_settings.php?

Check all 6 listed here:
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=555034.0

Shambles

Quote from: NekoSensei on July 09, 2017, 04:50:30 PM
For exemple i go in the tab "Cookies and Sessions" and disable/active "Allow browsers to return to cached pages" and return for see the "Enable Image Proxy" ...  :o

CONFIRMED

This is indeed an issue that requires investigation by the team.

Arantor

Probably a bug in 2.1 as well...

NekoSensei

I knew that I was not crazy ... hahaha thanks for your help, I will check the parameter from time to time if it is always activated, the time it is repaired :)

Thanks for the repair_settings.php, Everything was good and thanks for the link to test the redirects.

shawnb61

For the record, I can reproduce this in 2.0.14 as well.   

2.1 does not exhibit the same behavior.  Seems OK.

Advertisement: