News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Image resizing

Started by Anoni1337, July 10, 2017, 02:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anoni1337

Hello well I have one problem,so when I post a picture on my forum size is really big,same for my signature,messages etc.Can someone help me please,I am new in this so please explain me in details,thanks

br360

You can change the image settings in your admin panel to make them smaller. Go to admin>>Features and Options>>Layout

Look for Max width of posted pictures and Max height of posted pictures and add something like say 500 in each line (or bigger if that's too small)

This will change the size of all new images posted though; and not ones posted before you made the change

For signature settings go to admin>>Features and Options>>Signature

There you can change the signature settings to decrease sizes of image, lines, font size, etc

Anoni1337

Oh thanks,how do I fix this quick reply too ? Also I have a problem if I apply some setting like "Allow non-administrators to hide their online status" if I uncheck that and hit save it again return to  be checked,I have simular problem with this thing to make signature size,but after a minute or two option get applied just not right away,and that thing become unchecked,like there is some delay or some ******,dunno.I searched something online I think thats caching or something how do I fix it ?

Anoni1337

Also I can't make it for signature which ever size I put it stays the same,for posts/layout worked but not for signature.So even if I put max size it make picture larger.

br360

Quote from: xPacoGG on July 10, 2017, 03:49:39 AM
Oh thanks,how do I fix this quick reply too ? Also I have a problem if I apply some setting like "Allow non-administrators to hide their online status" if I uncheck that and hit save it again return to  be checked,I have simular problem with this thing to make signature size,but after a minute or two option get applied just not right away,and that thing become unchecked,like there is some delay or some ******,dunno.I searched something online I think thats caching or something how do I fix it ?

For the quick reply box, go into your theme's index.css (the custom theme you are using) and look for something like this-
#quickReplyOptions form textarea
{
height: 100px;
width: 635px;
max-width: 100%;
min-width: 100%;
margin: 0.25em 0 1em 0;

Decrease the min-width from 100% to say something like 70%

It appears that your other issues may be due to caching. Go into your admin panel- admin>>server settings>>caching

What is your caching level set at?

For your signature issues; there are quite a few setting options in the admin panel. What are your settings at?

Anoni1337

Quick reply is fixed thanks,with signature these are my settings,but I think that I need to fix height too but there is no height in my settings

.signature, .attachments
{
   width: 70%;
   overflow: auto;
   clear: right;
   padding: 1em 0 3px 0;
   border-top: 1px solid #444;
   line-height: 1.4em;
   font-size: 0.85em;
}

Cache level was 1 and I put it on 2 just to see is it gonna help,it didn't.

br360

Thanks but I was actually talking about the settings in your admin panel

Maximum allowed characters
(0 for no max.)
Maximum amount of lines
(0 for no max)
Maximum font size allowed in signatures
(0 for no max, in pixels)
Allow smileys in signatures
Maximum smiley count
(0 for no max)

Maximum image count
(0 for no max - excludes smileys)
Maximum width of signature images (pixels)
(0 for no max)
Maximum height of signature images (pixels)
(0 for no max)

In regards to cache; what happens when you select no caching? Is there still a delay?

Anoni1337

Hmm im still new in all that how do I come to that ? Do I have to login in to cPanel on my webhost ? Anyway how can I change height of signature too.

@I tried no cache and there is no delay now.

br360

The settings are in your admin panel in your forum. Go to  admin>>Features and Options>>Signature

That's where all the settings will be

Anoni1337

Sorry I don't have english version,but even if I put 500x500 size of my signature is again 700 x something.. so yea..

Illori

it only takes effect on edits to the sig made after the settings are changed.

Anoni1337

Quote from: Illori on July 10, 2017, 02:34:00 PM
it only takes effect on edits to the sig made after the settings are changed.

I know I tried to delete mine and try again,same problem but it always putting me these values

img width=700 height=393

br360

Did you try doing a hard refresh after you updated the settings? (Hit your ctrl and F5 tabs at the same time)

Anoni1337

Quote from: br360 on July 10, 2017, 03:53:33 PM
Did you try doing a hard refresh after you updated the settings? (Hit your ctrl and F5 tabs at the same time)

Yes I did,nothing :'( The way that you told me to do I putted width on 70% works but thats only width I don't have height  :-[ I get this slider when I did that

br360

The width on 70% was for your quick reply box.

Is that image from your signature or something you posted in quick reply?

Anoni1337

Quote from: br360 on July 11, 2017, 02:26:40 AM
The width on 70% was for your quick reply box.

Is that image from your signature or something you posted in quick reply?

Its signature If I go to edit css my values are in % not in px.The thing is that I think current size of signature is too big,I don't know do I need to change size of that area for signature or what ?

br360

You should not have to be making any edits to signature settings in your index.css- all settings can be done in the admin section of your forum.

admin>>Features and Options>>Signature

Anoni1337

I know,and I did but the problem is that I puted max size to be 500x500,and I remove my signature and put it again,than look to code and my signature still have this values

img width=700 height=393

@And yes I did hard refresh,remove my signature and put it again and click that thing to apply on all current signatures,I did everything.All I want is to limit size of the signature,as you can see on picture above is too huge,I did put full HD wallpaper just to see how much in size does it go.

br360

What mods do you have installed?

Can you post a link to your forum or PM it to me so I can check it out and see what the issue may be?

Dav999

Try it with a regular user account, I think those signature restrictions silently have no effect on admins, took me a while to realize that as well.

Advertisement: