News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Discord Widget Mod

Started by Sigyn, July 10, 2017, 03:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigyn

Subject: [FREE] Integration of the Discord Widget into a Modification for easier use.

Version
2.0.13+

Description
Discord offers a widget through the Server Settings either through HTML or Json coding. Ideally the mod would allow for the input of the Widget information provided by Discord and would allow the display of the widget on the forum. Here and here area ideas of what is given to users for attempting to make the widget work.

Further, it would be wonderful if there was a click to toggle when the mod is installed. This would hopefully allow the Discord chat to collapse when not needed either to the side of the forum (left or right), or to the bottom (so that clicking it pops it up from bottom up into the forum space).

Permissions
I would appreciate if the mod could have permissions to show to all visitors and members alike on the main page (and all other pages) of the forum. Admin permissions would be for set up of the mod and choosing size/positioning of the mod itself. Discord does not offer integration of usernames on a site to the server so this is not something that needs to be included.

Feature Set
* A way to add Custom CSS to match the theme of the forum
* Admin permissions for changing size/position of the mod display on the forum
* Admin permissions to turn on/off the mod
* Admin permissions to set which usergroups/member types/if guests can view the Mod

Please do feel free to contact me if I have given insufficient information for this mod. I am not sure if integrating Discord is an easy or difficult task but I am willing to provide whatever information I can in order to make this work for SMF sites.

Thank you

Antes

The positions is the question actually. Which part of forum? (header/footer/info center) ?

Sigyn

I believe I answered that
QuoteFurther, it would be wonderful if there was a click to toggle when the mod is installed. This would hopefully allow the Discord chat to collapse when not needed either to the side of the forum (left or right), or to the bottom (so that clicking it pops it up from bottom up into the forum space).

I imagine this would be something like floating or coded to position in those places; left or right, or bottom going up.

gogol

No one made such a modification yet?

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: