News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Users Online Today Mod

Started by Nibogo, November 06, 2005, 01:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

christicehurst

Well, I'm sure I can find someone who would take over this mod.
www.brisbanelionsunited.com - A forum for everyone!

Paracelsus

Quote from: symon on October 10, 2007, 05:21:10 AM
Who knows...the point is this mod has been deserted! And it's very popular. But the functionality is never going to get better when the attitude is "it works...now get on with it".

This is one of the most popular mods and it's development is not going to grow.

Mods that don't/can't evolve aren't much use.

Jesus, why are you being so dramatic? I'm pretty sure that someone will take it, since it's so popular.

Herman's Mixen

@symon

what whould you like to see then,... it's just a little bar wich shows who where online that day... nothing more nothning less....
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

symon

QuoteJesus, why are you being so dramatic? I'm pretty sure that someone will take it, since it's so popular.

How's that dramatic? Your responses are harsh and dramatic! Response 742 I may add!

Stop insulting people who post for help...I'm sure it's not the SMF way.

Quote from: The Burglar! on October 10, 2007, 06:46:06 AM
@symon

what whould you like to see then,... it's just a little bar wich shows who where online that day... nothing more nothning less....

See...you don't even know the mod. It's not just a little bar and why is progression so wrong? Showing a total of all guests online that day in addition to most online at once would be great. Why does suggestions pi$$ SMF off so much?

People just want help sorting this mod on other themes. What kind of crerten post here just to insult "why don't you just read it" cr@p.

Herman's Mixen

well i have rewrite this mod for use on different skins or themes.... for the dutch community here at smf.... so i am beware of the mod and how it works.... i have here a little link for ya.... this one i have modified for default theme (standard) plus the classic theme......

if ya have an other theme you want it working on just tell so i can take a look at it....

http://www.yabb.nl/forum/index.php?topic=44820.msg75067#msg75067

or look at my own site here

http://www.teczone.nl/downloads/category.php?id=2

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Paracelsus

Quote from: symon on October 10, 2007, 06:51:58 AM
QuoteJesus, why are you being so dramatic? I'm pretty sure that someone will take it, since it's so popular.

How's that dramatic? Your responses are harsh and dramatic! Response 742 I may add!

Stop insulting people who post for help...I'm sure it's not the SMF way.

Quote from: The Burglar! on October 10, 2007, 06:46:06 AM
@symon

See...you don't even know the mod. It's not just a little bar and why is progression so wrong? Showing a total of all guests online that day in addition to most online at once would be great. Why does suggestions pi$$ SMF off so much?

People just want help sorting this mod on other themes. What kind of crerten post here just to insult "why don't you just read it" cr@p.

I don't understand all this aggressive stance... nobody here is pissed off and nobody is insulting you, just take it easy man...

Don't worry, someone will eventually follow this mod, since it's popular and lot's of people have it! (now, this isn't that hard to understand). As it is, this MOD serves its purpose 100% and doesn't need any more development right now.

Why don't we just wait a little longer for 2.0 and then people "upgrade" the MOD and add some new features to it? ;)

symon

Thanks Burglar...your a star. However I wasn't too clear as I have this working fine...I was just referring to other's treatment by some.

Paracelsus  ...saying "Jesus, why are you being so dramatic?" and patronizing people is out of order and I'm not going to take your bate. Because I comment on that does not give you right to condescend.

All I'm saying as far as development...why can't it be better and why does it have to stand still because you say so? Yes it works...but it could be even better. Nothing wrong with that fella :)

With all due respect ...you need to spend less time patronizing and more time helping. I've tried my best way back near the beginning of this thread. Telling people it's easy when they come to a support forum for help is disrespectful.

Herman's Mixen

we are all here to help others with their problems or extend his/her needs for their forum ....
also everybody is an Volunteer so it can be take some time if your question is not answered...
and not everybody is an smf pro.... and i am not the original dev of the mod... i'll do things  like remodding just coz some dutch people... are afraid to ruine some stuff on there forums or even don't speak english at all....  ;D

cheers!

symon

What you do is impressive and way beyond my skills. It's very much appreciated from everyone...however much the help is :D

ps. My comments where not meant to cause issues   O:) :-*

Herman's Mixen

youre welcome.... just ask if ya need someting  ;D

Paracelsus

Quote from: symon on October 10, 2007, 08:38:33 AM
Paracelsus  ...saying "Jesus, why are you being so dramatic?" and patronizing people is out of order and I'm not going to take your bate. Because I comment on that does not give you right to condescend.

(...)

With all due respect ...you need to spend less time patronizing and more time helping. I've tried my best way back near the beginning of this thread. Telling people it's easy when they come to a support forum for help is disrespectful.

You can keep on your borderline speech as long as you want... it doesn't affect me, I'm well vaccinated against it ;)

As for the MOD, I'm sure whoever has the chance to develop it, will absolutely do it. If nobody wants to do it, relax, it's not the end of the world. ;D

dxyy

I asked this before, but I still haven't received an answer. Is there a way to make this mod visible to guests? Seeing a long list of member names is a lot more effective than a simple number that I assume many guests do not even notice. :(

Also, I saw that someone else was interested in also having this mod keep track of how many guests accessed the forum in any given day. I'm also very interested in such functionality, and if anyone could offer some help in that area I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you! :D

Herman's Mixen

@Paracelsus

please don't be offensive here he said before
QuoteMy comments where not meant to cause issues

@hugodiaz

i'll look into it when i have a little spare time over....

Paracelsus

I wasn't being offensive... and my comments were not meant to cause any issues either.

dxyy

Quote from: The Burglar! on October 11, 2007, 09:20:05 AM
@hugodiaz

i'll look into it when i have a little spare time over....
Thanks, please let me know what you discover. :)

I really think it should be visible to guests, and I can't understand why it is not. :(

sunnyslp

Jade Elizabeth

*butts into argument* <or is it over? lol
is there a way we can keep some sort of log on hand of the people who were online on such and such a day?
it would be good to check if people logged in on days i was away.

lol
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

cheesenub

Quote from: pirat3 on July 30, 2007, 11:20:03 PM
hi can anyone tell me what files i need to edit for aa new daamage?

I can't get this to work with AA New Damage either.

I made the changes to BoardIndex.template.php and there is no Stats.template.php for this theme.

Has anyone gotten it to work with AA New Damage? Any advice on fixing the code?

pibe86

Quote from: snork13 on November 06, 2005, 05:54:53 PM
works great in 1.1rc1, thanks for sharing

-snork

sir, your signature helps me a lot, thanks

Jade Elizabeth

can someone answer my question too?
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Advertisement: