News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Users Online Today Mod

Started by Nibogo, November 06, 2005, 01:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonc

Sorry bout my last post, it's working this morning but since 13:00 local time (GMT+8) it doesn't work.  Nothing shows up!

Carceri

Quote from: jonc on November 16, 2005, 12:14:13 AM
Sorry bout my last post, it's working this morning but since 13:00 local time (GMT+8) it doesn't work.  Nothing shows up!
Okay, so we try again. I only have a few minutes now, so this is just an idea, but it can't work any worse than it already does :)

The change can be found in 1.3.0 RC3.

This seems to work here, but the problem is probably that I always test at a specific time of day.

Juggler

Have to agree it's a nice mod but I really would like the "Stats Centre" Users Online Today column back. It's more of a cosmetic thing and not vital to the mod but it would be nice to have it in there if at all possible!
The Blue Buzzards
Flying Scooter Display Team
#69 Squadron
www.bluebuzzards.com

Carceri

Quote from: Juggler on November 16, 2005, 05:21:41 AM
Have to agree it's a nice mod but I really would like the "Stats Centre" Users Online Today column back. It's more of a cosmetic thing and not vital to the mod but it would be nice to have it in there if at all possible!
It is back in the latest RC version as "Total Users Online Today"

[ZW] Leviathan

That is under the General Statistics part of the Stats page, right?

What Juggler is probably refering to (I think) is the Total Users Online column in the Forum History part at the bottom of the Stats page. That used to have an additional column with that information, I would like to see that back there as well :)

Juggler

That's correct. It's the forum history bit as mentioned.
The Blue Buzzards
#69 Squadron
www.bluebuzzards.com

DemonicInfluence

fix the forum time difference between server time. in next version plz

Carceri

Quote from: Libo on November 16, 2005, 04:46:44 PM
fix the forum time difference between server time. in next version plz
Then help me fix it by giving me useful information :) For example, does the suggested fix above work? It works for me and I have done some limited testing by changing the forum timezone and it seems to work. That said, I made this for myself and later thought that others might be able to use it which is the reason I added it here. Unfortunately I don't have much time to do a thorough test, sorry.

Regarding the other question, I will probably add it later, but right now I prefer to fix the timezone problem. I don't know what "used to have" means. I have never seen that feature before. It is probably related to another users online today mod, but I have never seen that one, so...

jonc

I've installed RC3...as of now everything's fine...my local time now is 10:33 (GMT+8)...i'll wait till 13:00 and see if everything's still fine :)

Thanks again to Carceri for sharing and for his effort  :)

jonc

It's 14:00 (GMT+8) now! mod's still working fine! looks like Carceri has fixed the timezone problem!  :D

Carceri

If it still works in 24 hours or so, I'll promote RC3 to final :)

Thanks for helping out with the testing.

The forum history bit will be for a later version.

[ZW] Leviathan

Regarding the Users Online Today in the History part...

Quote from: Carceri on November 16, 2005, 06:10:33 PM
I don't know what "used to have" means. I have never seen that feature before. It is probably related to another users online today mod, but I have never seen that one, so...

Hmmm... interesting  ::)

I'll have a look if I can find that one, because I'm sure I had it on my forum not so long ago :)

Juggler

I didn't realise that this was a new mod on the same lines as the Fasan one at first. What I thought was an updated version of a mod I used to have has turned out to be a different one albeit it does the same thing. I prefer the way this one works with the time popping up on mouseover it would just be nice to have the Historical part that was on the other similar modification.
The Blue Buzzards
#69 Squadron
www.bluebuzzards.com

Carceri

I had a similar mod for my phpBB forum, but when I upgraded to SMF, I couldn't find a similar mod, so I made it myself. That is the reason for this mod. When I searched I found references to the Fasan mod, but never a download link.

DemonicInfluence

sorry, didn't realize there was rc3. My mistake...

Still doesn't work... LIke, i changed my forum time and everything. It didn't work...

jonc

It's almost 24hrs since I installed RC3, everything's running smoothly!  I can say that timezone has been fixed! Mod has been working for the last 23h24m. On mouseover, It popups the "last online" time of the user w/ correct time offsetting.

Keep it up Carceri!  Thanks for the mod!

Carceri

Quote from: Libo on November 17, 2005, 06:00:40 PMStill doesn't work... LIke, i changed my forum time and everything. It didn't work...
You need to be more specific. I find it hard to believe that the time on the popup is different from the "Last Active" on a users profile, since the mod uses the exact same code to display the time. If that is not the problem, then what is. Has you changed the forum time offset, user time offset, does this happen to all users, what if you are not logged in, what does the forum time says compared to the time on the server itself?, etc...

Carceri

Quote from: jonc on November 17, 2005, 08:54:30 PM
It's almost 24hrs since I installed RC3, everything's running smoothly!  I can say that timezone has been fixed! Mod has been working for the last 23h24m. On mouseover, It popups the "last online" time of the user w/ correct time offsetting.
I watched your forum as midnight passed (your time) and it started a new day after that as it should. I have also experimented more with timezones with a negative offset here, and it seems to work fine as well.

DemonicInfluence

Quote from: Carceri on November 18, 2005, 02:12:34 AM
Quote from: Libo on November 17, 2005, 06:00:40 PMStill doesn't work... LIke, i changed my forum time and everything. It didn't work...
You need to be more specific. I find it hard to believe that the time on the popup is different from the "Last Active" on a users profile, since the mod uses the exact same code to display the time. If that is not the problem, then what is. Has you changed the forum time offset, user time offset, does this happen to all users, what if you are not logged in, what does the forum time says compared to the time on the server itself?, etc...

Yes, it is exactly 3 hours different. Which is difference from forum time to server time.

When, I'm not logged in, it is still 3 hours behind...

The forum time offset is 3 hours...  Your thing is perfect except it is 3 hours behind. You can go to my site to see....

Carceri

I have checked and double checked the source code, and it does take into account the forum time offset in the latest version, but I noticed one thing that I found strange. When going to a user's profile on your forum the time is displayed as 'am' or 'pm' but the popup text over the username does not say 'am' or 'pm'. The latest mod should read these settings from the forum and display the time in the same format.

This, and the fact that on the other boards I have seen (including my own) this mod applies the forum time offset correctly, leads me to believe that you are not running the latest version of this mod (1.3.0 RC3). Could you please check your BoardIndex.php file and verify that is corresponds to the changes that this mod applies? Also that you are patching the files that are actually served by the webserver.

Advertisement: