Users Online Today Mod

Started by Nibogo, November 06, 2005, 01:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kai920

Hi,

Downloaded 1.3.1 from http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=217

but the .zip seems to be corrupted? Can anyone confirm?

diegolyanky

Is not corrupted, try with Windows Extract or WinRar ...

Regards  ;)
SMF ... SimpleMachines ... Simple, but complete if you want it ;)

kai920

Quote from: diegolyanky on January 21, 2006, 11:09:31 AM
Is not corrupted, try with Windows Extract or WinRar ...

Regards  ;)

I'm using Winrar! and get "Unexepcted end of archive"  ::)

fiver

Sounds like download was terminated before it's 100% complete. Try redownload again?

fiver

Quote from: Carceri on January 21, 2006, 06:16:16 AM
Quote from: fivearts on January 20, 2006, 12:21:55 PM
Is it possible to include number of Guests? Like this...

Not really, since there is no way to uniquely identify a quest. I mean I can't differentiate between a guest that visits the forum several times a day, and several guest visiting once a day.

One might use the IP addresses of the guests for an approximation, though.

Thanks for the mod as it is. Hope someday that will be possible.  :D

diegolyanky

Quote from: kai920 on January 21, 2006, 11:40:22 AM
I'm using Winrar! and get "Unexepcted end of archive"  ::)

Download it again ... Is working fine.

Good Luck ...
SMF ... SimpleMachines ... Simple, but complete if you want it ;)

mistermad

Good mod but I've been looking for something similar to what I had on my old phpBB board with the last vist mod installed, but couldn't find anything that matches that.

Then I stumbled upon this site when searching the web for it : hxxp:www.puntingzone.com/forum/index.php [nonactive] and that's more or less what I'm looking for. Strangely I can't seem to find that on any other smf forum.

However I have no idea what mod that site uses or where I could find it? Any idea?

Or is there a way to develop the users online mod towards this?

Thanks for your help.

kai920

That's an ... interesting site. :D  I see their implementation of the Today mod and wonder what it is as well.

What really interests me is their review directory script pzsearchform.php... has anyone heard of this or did they custom write it?

Carceri

Quote from: mistermad on January 22, 2006, 10:30:22 AM
Or is there a way to develop the users online mod towards this?

Sure there is. All it requires is someone with a little time to do it. It shouldn't be too difficult.

jerm

i know this has been discussed already, but i find it a tad annoying now.
The "Show others your online status?" is useless with this mod installed. A user can still see you browsing the forum. I know you will probably say that a user can just go into your profile and see when you last loged on, but thats not really the point. If i want to be hidden on my board, yet still view sections of the board that are restricted. I have to log in, and once i log in, it shows on the "users seen  today" list. Not showing the time doesn't really do anything, cause it updates as soon as you click a link and you move closer to the front of the list.

I enjoy the mod, and like seeing which users have been online during the day, but i can't hide from my users...

Carceri

I might change that in the future. For now, you can fix it yourself by adding the line

if (!allowedTo('moderate_forum') && empty($row['showOnline'])) continue;

Just below these lines

$context['users_online_today'] = array();
$context['list_users_online_today'] = array();

while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result))
{

I still don't understand your comment "I know you will probably say that a user can just go into your profile and see when you last loged on, but thats not really the point".

What is the point then? You say you want to hide from your users, but you can't do that if they can just go into your profile and see when you were last online.

flapper

Cant seem to find the answer, how do you change the mod so that members are in alphabetical order, can be a pain with lots of members vising the site, to try and find out if they have visited the site today.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Prasad007

Thanks for this mod! its gr8!!! :)
too bad it wont work on my non-default theme :(

Carceri

Quote from: flapper on January 23, 2006, 06:08:58 AM
Cant seem to find the answer, how do you change the mod so that members are in alphabetical order, can be a pain with lots of members vising the site, to try and find out if they have visited the site today.

Thanks in advance.

:)

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=55513.msg452667#msg452667

flapper

flapper

Ok Ive got the members in alphabetical order but half way it starts at a again. How do a put the members in alphabetical order from a to z without it doing it twice. Image unclosed

beemer

http://www.bmw7resource.co.uk
SMF 1.1 RC1
MKP 1.1 RC1
Helios Multi RC1
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.thefishsheadnhorsesarse.co.uk
SMF 1.1 RC2
TinyPortal 0.8.6

Carceri

Quote from: flapper on January 23, 2006, 11:47:18 AM
Ok Ive got the members in alphabetical order but half way it starts at a again. How do a put the members in alphabetical order from a to z without it doing it twice. Image unclosed
Don't know. As I said the code was untested. Apparently it doesn't work :)

Edit: Oh I just took a look at the picture :) It is working. When sorting alphabetically, capital letters come before lowercase letters. I have updated the previous post to not take uppercase letters into account.

kai920

Installed 1.4.0 beta1... Just noticed one issue - I have a user logged in, his username is "D", and does NOT show up under "Users logged in today".

http://www.kaitech.hk/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,71/

edit#2 - just noticed another user not showing up under "Users logged in today"...  am I doing something wrong?

Carceri

Quote from: kai920 on January 23, 2006, 11:42:26 PM
Installed 1.4.0 beta1... Just noticed one issue - I have a user logged in, his username is "D", and does NOT show up under "Users logged in today".

http://www.kaitech.hk/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,71/

edit#2 - just noticed another user not showing up under "Users logged in today"...  am I doing something wrong?
Have the users not showing up chosen to hide their online status? If yes, are you the administrator and still can't see them when you are logged in?

Advertisement: