News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Users Online Today Mod

Started by Nibogo, November 06, 2005, 01:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kai920

Found a 3rd user - just checked all 3 users profiles:

Show others your online status? was checked for all 3...

And I am the administrator - I saw them online under SMF's default "Who's Online" list, but their names do not appear in "Users Logged in Today". (1.4.0 beta 1)

edit : if you go to my site now, even as a guest you can see user "ninjaw" logged in, but he does not show up as having logged in TODAY.

kai920

Hmm, strange - "ninjaw" is now shown as having logged in today, but I am still "missing" two users...

Carceri

Quote from: kai920 on January 24, 2006, 04:34:13 AM
And I am the administrator - I saw them online under SMF's default "Who's Online" list, but their names do not appear in "Users Logged in Today". (1.4.0 beta 1)
Can you confirm that this behaviour does not exist with version 1.3.1? Since a user suddenly appear, one might suspect something related to the time the user was logged in, but that code has not changed at all from 1.3.1...

kai920

Quote from: Carceri on January 24, 2006, 05:04:01 AM
Quote from: kai920 on January 24, 2006, 04:34:13 AM
Can you confirm that this behaviour does not exist with version 1.3.1? Since a user suddenly appear, one might suspect something related to the time the user was logged in, but that code has not changed at all from 1.3.1...

Sure, let me uninstall 1.4.0 and put back 1.3.1 and report back later...

Carceri

I just checked your member "D" and on his profile he is listed as being last active:

Yesterday at 08:26:10 PM

This time is what SMF stores in the database, and this is the time I read from the database to determine if a user was logged in today or not. If that time is incorrect, then clearly my mod does not work. If he was actually online earlier today, then I think you should report this as a bug in SMF

kai920

You're absolutely right, I had no idea those times were reported wrong!

I suspect this may have something to do with the Joomla - SMF bridge?

Furvert

I decided to keep the list sorted by last active, it is quite useful. I may decide to add a selector for alpha or last active eventually.

I had already modified memberlist to add Last Login for those times I want to look up who logged in today. I also added age to memberlist since I have some content that needs it. So I decided I did not need the alpha sort so badly at the moment.

I wonder, is there a reasonable way to track how many bots have been on?
Or guests?
Likely IP is only way to count uniques but AOL will throw that off since it changes often. A user may have half a dozen IPs while loged in! Maybe worse.
Just curious, if IP is logged for guests then a Mod could do a lookup to seperate Users from Guests etc and show a count for Online Today.

MacGig

didnt work for me. I using the saf blue theme.

beemer

Quote from: macgeek on January 28, 2006, 09:52:37 AM
didnt work for me. I using the saf blue theme.

Did you make the manual changes to your saf blue theme?
http://www.bmw7resource.co.uk
SMF 1.1 RC1
MKP 1.1 RC1
Helios Multi RC1
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.thefishsheadnhorsesarse.co.uk
SMF 1.1 RC2
TinyPortal 0.8.6

desistyle

hi i just upgraded from smf 1.05 to smf 1.06 and the mod is not working can u guise please help

Carceri

The mod does not support 1.0.5 and will not support 1.0.6 either. It will support 1.1 final when it is available.

desistyle

well it used to work with smf 1.05 it used to show like how many users are online till now is it possible to get something like that for 1.06 please please

Carceri

Quote from: desistyle on January 28, 2006, 09:55:25 PM
well it used to work with smf 1.05

If it worked for 1.0.5 it was pure luck, as I have never tested it on 1.0.5. However, judging from some comments here, this mod does not work on 1.0.5. It will support 1.1 if you can wait until then :)

desistyle

ok sir will wait for your release thanks

diegolyanky

I don't like what the guests can see the users what was online today ... Be cause Google Spider is a GUEST and all members of my forum is appearing on google searcher  :o

The guests would not have to be able to see who was online.

What can I do ?
SMF ... SimpleMachines ... Simple, but complete if you want it ;)

Carceri

Quote from: diegolyanky on January 29, 2006, 08:20:01 PM
The guests would not have to be able to see who was online.

What can I do ?

You can

1. Uninstall this mod
2. Modify it so guests cannot see who has been online today :)

But if your users are actually posting on your forum and guests can read those posts, Google will just pick up their names from there.

I will consider changing this behaviour in the next version, as I think that guests have no use for that information. If they are not part of the forum, they don't need to know who from the forum logged in today.

diegolyanky

Quote from: Carceri on January 30, 2006, 02:15:17 AM

You can

1. Uninstall this mod
2. Modify it so guests cannot see who has been online today :)

1° Uninstal this mod = NO ... Be cause I love this mod.
I just don't like what guests can see my users ( for competitors )
And Google Spider is registered as user, then Google YES can see all my forum.

2° I like to modify this mod, but I don't know how to do it  :(

Thanks for your reply .... And good job ( I repeat: " I love your mod " )

SMF ... SimpleMachines ... Simple, but complete if you want it ;)

Owain

Installed the mod and it works a dream! Great Work!

One question, what file do I need to modify if I want to change the wording from "Users Seen Today" to something else...thanks.

www.tractionkiting.co.uk
Dedicated to promoting Kiting in Scotland

Carceri

Quote from: Owain on January 30, 2006, 09:26:15 AM
One question, what file do I need to modify if I want to change the wording from "Users Seen Today" to something else...thanks.

Then you should edit 'Modifications.english.php'

Carceri

Quote from: diegolyanky on January 30, 2006, 08:24:20 AM
2° I like to modify this mod, but I don't know how to do it  :(
Try the 1.4.0 Beta 2 package I have just uploaded...

Advertisement: