News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Users Online Today Mod

Started by Nibogo, November 06, 2005, 01:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerm

excellent. love the updates Carceri.
installed with no errors (1.4.0 beta 2)

ew1dm

... about this mod for SMF 1.05

Someone, whose nickname is "Fasan" has done (changed) this mod for SMF 1.05.
It worked perfect for 1.05. But it does not work with 1.06
Is there anyone (may be that "Fasan") who can do it again?
to good get accustomed quickly  :D

Carceri

Quote from: ew1dm on January 31, 2006, 01:33:56 PM
Someone, whose nickname is "Fasan" has done (changed) this mod for SMF 1.05.

Fasan did his own mod some time before I did this mod, but for reasons he has explained elsewhere in this thread, he removed it from these pages. I used a similar mod for phpBB and when searching for one for SMF I didn't find any and made my own. Since I was using 1.1 RC1 at that time, I never supported the 1.0.x versions and never will.

Hope this clears up some confusion.

desistyle

well i got a mod from this other site its workin with my smf 1.06 if u guise want i can post the link here and i think this is from fasan

fiver

Hi Carceri,

I have uninstalled the previous version and installed the new 1.4.0 Beta 2. It is perfect for members' privacy. Thanks.

One problem is after installation, my category table seems to have gone wrong. Please take a look.
http://www.fivearts.net/index.php#6

Any file that I can look to correct the error? Thanks.

* I also have "Googlebot & Spiders Mod" installed awhile ago.

Carceri

Quote from: fivearts on February 01, 2006, 11:22:46 AM
One problem is after installation, my category table seems to have gone wrong. Please take a look.
http://www.fivearts.net/index.php#6

Any file that I can look to correct the error? Thanks.

* I also have "Googlebot & Spiders Mod" installed awhile ago.

Yes, that looks strange. Don't know why, but I can't see how my mod touches this part. Take a look at BoardIndex.template.php. Perhaps uninstall my mod to see if the problem goes away. If yes, compare this file to itself before and after my mod is installed. See if it touches anything related to this.

fiver

Hi Carceri,

The problem seems to be the <acronym> tag filled into the subject and making it too long. As it happened the same time when I updated your mod, I mistaken it as being caused by it.  :P My apology. Thanks again for the fab Mod.  :D

fiver

Hi Carceri,

Just a note that when the homepage is loading, the alt text for the online.gif has a very long description:
alt="Users Online Users Logged In Today"

Which file should I find to change it to alt="Users Logged In Today"?

Thanks.  :D

Carceri

Quote from: fivearts on February 11, 2006, 12:22:06 AM
Hi Carceri,

Just a note that when the homepage is loading, the alt text for the online.gif has a very long description:
alt="Users Online Users Logged In Today"

Which file should I find to change it to alt="Users Logged In Today"?

You should change BoardIndex.template.php. I will also fix this in the next version.

Bigguy

How would I get the "Users Online Today Mod" to show up on the SMFOne_blue theme ??? WHat files need to be moddified ???

DemonicInfluence

Alan S

it dosent work for me at all??
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on August 23, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

Bigguy

Carceri

Quote from: alan s on February 16, 2006, 04:24:09 PM
it dosent work for me at all??
Let me guess. You are not using the default theme?

perplexed

I love this mod, it makes the forum look so much healthier.

Usually all we see is the 'most online' which can be a little depressing, but now we see that there are a lot more people on the forum during a day, and its really great to know that many people are actually logging in every day.

Thanks!

I love this mod :)

p9939068

Hi, i just installed it, but i dont see anything new on the Info Center. Yes i've switched to the default skin, but still it doesnt show. Is there some admin settings to this mod..?

by the way, i'm using 1.4.0 beta with rc2 :) this is my site: http://www.simdragons.com/smf/index.php

-edit- i checked through the .xml in the mod, and realised nothing in the "add" tag was added...none of the files listed in Users_Online_Today_Mod.xml was modified at all...weird

-edit2- the above prompted me to chmod all the listed files to 777, and voila, it works :P hope this will help any future users..

mcalan2001

I can't get this mod to work.

It's very useful and I put it on every board I create.
However after upgrading a couple of boards from 1.1.b3 to 1.1.RC2 and re-installing the package, it goes through the motions with no error messages, but seems to have no effect.

I've looked through this topic and tried the suggestions, but with no luck.

I am using the default theme and have done a chmod 777 to all effected files.

Carceri

Quote from: mcalan2001 on March 01, 2006, 08:28:13 AM
I am using the default theme and have done a chmod 777 to all effected files.
Can you check the affected files, and see if any change has occurred to them? E.g. by comparing to the original files in SMF RC2.

tzd

What to edit in classic template to make this work?

cyberstang5.0

I installed this mod on SMF 1.1rc2 and it works wonderful  :D

My question is, what can I do to restrict normal users from seeing this mod but only allow admins to see it?  Is there a way to incorporate permission to this mod?

Advertisement: