Our team - links to profiles seems to be broken?

Started by efk, July 13, 2017, 09:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

efk

https://www.simplemachines.org/about/smf/team.php

For many names there were broken links or for some reason links appears to be broken, like path was changed. Maybe you want to keep it updated or aware of some bug there, and I wanted to increase a number of posts. After few tries they seems to be working, but maybe is something wrong there.

Offtopic:
Is it possible to get 60.000 posts for only 6 years? After 5 years and a lot of activities on one gaming forum I've got almost 10.000 posts. I mean it can be manipulated with posts, but...

SleePy

Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Deaks

Quote from: efk on July 13, 2017, 09:09:21 PM

Offtopic:
Is it possible to get 60.000 posts for only 6 years? After 5 years and a lot of activities on one gaming forum I've got almost 10.000 posts. I mean it can be manipulated with posts, but...

Yes, but if you look at dates you will see some before the account creation, this is as sometimes accounts go up for deletion and user returns so in special circumstances the posts get reattrubuted to the user.  This only happens when there is no doubt the person is the same.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Arantor

If you're referring to me, my first actual post here was May 2009. There are days when I literally made 300-500 posts a day to handle support volumes.

If you have doubt, you can go to my profile and look st the Show Posts area, though note that not all of my posts are public as some are in the team boards. I'm not sure how many are really public, but it must be 45k or more. Maybe nearer 50k.

Deaks

You are the only person with over 60k posts :p
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

d3vcho

I checked every team member's profile link and all are working fine
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Arantor

Kindred is catching up though he's been here longer than me.

efk

Quote from: SleePy on July 13, 2017, 09:31:26 PM
What links are broken?
Checked about 7-8 accounts last night (middle europe time - about 15-20 minutes before posting this topic) and it was like blank white page when domain is broken (or changed so it lead to nowhere) https://www.simplemachines.org/about/smf/team.php , but few minutes later they were ok. Arantor was the one of few checked last night, first failed to see his profile on 1st attempt, then few minutes later was ok.
Maybe actually you can see it as error on my profile, or as broken link in activities list (My Profile/Profile Info/Track User/ Error messages by Name or activity list with all activities).

Quote from: BryanD on July 14, 2017, 02:19:45 AM
Quote from: efk on July 13, 2017, 09:09:21 PM

Offtopic:

Yes, but if you look at dates you will see some before the account creation, this is as sometimes accounts go up for deletion and user returns so in special circumstances the posts get reattrubuted to the user.  This only happens when there is no doubt the person is the same.
So its about the same nickname which just adopt posts from deleted account or some trick/or plugin which recover posts?

Quote from: Arantor on July 14, 2017, 03:09:38 AM
If you're referring to me, my first actual post here was May 2009. There are days when I literally made 300-500 posts a day to handle support volumes.

If you have doubt, you can go to my profile and look st the Show Posts area, though note that not all of my posts are public as some are in the team boards. I'm not sure how many are really public, but it must be 45k or more. Maybe nearer 50k.

Its still too much, 300-500 posts per day, just wow, except if it was always just fast posting.  :o I did some days more than 50 posts per day, but that included a lot of manual job around, gaming administration. After so many posts I feel pain in the eyes, not sure how someone can be that much active to get 500 posts in single day.
Even 20.000 posts is too much, as for me 10.000 is for 5 years, but maybe I could had 1000-2000 more.

Also I noticed how there is no notifications, nothing from notifications to know when someone had posted something. Used last night NOTIFY button, but it has no purpose since there is nothing new on profile (maybe its changing after some amount of posts since Newbie is really newbie member). Haven't tested and its too early to try mention button (if forum has it), I'm not checking email if the system works that way. There is no option to edit Time zone or some other settings, no option to edit posts. For now I feel like poor user since there is not much from what is available. Only really interesting things is Mark topic solved. Not easy for new user to get started, too much content around.
Also I want to suggest renaming HOME button on menu bar to FORUM since at top are already Home and Community buttons, and having 1 more Home button on forum menu is confusing. It was strange after first days of visiting this place to see 2x buttons in 2 menu lines with the same name, but with different purpose, since that above one is actually portal, and bellow button is for forum boards.
After how many posts regular users will get modify button?

Deaks

Modify is limited to 1hr on this forum if menpry is correct. And you need 10 posts to get access to your profile.

As for your question to me, re-attribution of posts is default in smf and is only done on specific circumstances.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Arantor

Like in my case, deleting an account owing to circumstances and returning later where it could be proven that it was still me making the posts, e.g. the posts all having the same attributed email address.

As for too muchm you're still more than welcome to browse my profile and establish that the posts are all written by me in my posting style. I just have no life ;D

efk

So its about e-mail address. Interesting and good to know, but personally I don't see any reason for account deletion on the most of the forums. Posting style is usually easy to recognize because some habits never changes. About having no life, I hope you are earning something from this.

I don't have ability to edit posts after posting which should be changed with next membergroup based on posts (10 posts I guess).
Edit: Yep, 1 hour :)

Arantor

Quotepersonally I don't see any reason for account deletion on the most of the forums

It's a long story and whether you see a reason or not, does not alter whether I saw one at the time or not.

Deaks

and for what its worth I also removed my account and had my posts re-attributed to me!
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

LiroyvH

We were making changes to PHP yesterday, so the site may have shown white pages for a few seconds up to roughly a minute.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Kindred

and re-attributing posts from a deleted account to a different account is not just about email address or username...   it's  something that can be done in SMF by default - but it is only done HERE under specific circumstances.

as for post count...   yes, it is indeed possible, even without manipulation of the numbers.

One some days, depending on what else I am doing, I have had a hundred or more posts for that day - as has Arantor.
At one point, I was answering nearly every support thread...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

efk

It is very interesting to compare 2 leaders with posts. From what I can on Show Posts on both profiles, Kindred probably has much more posts in private area, and Arantor has 24k more posts in public.
67127 on 3357 pages - total 67,307
43104 on 2156 pages - total 54,655
30644 on 1533 pages - total 47,122
24278 on 1214 pages - total 36,102

Wanted to ask is it easy process for re-attribution of posts, is it taken automatically because of the same e-mail address for deleted account or there is something which should be done in order to get posts again? I mean how to add posts from 1 account to another? Is there some description/explanation? Maybe I missed that part somewhere in online manual.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Hristo

Quote from: efk on July 16, 2017, 06:29:17 PM
It is very interesting to compare 2 leaders with posts. From what I can on Show Posts on both profiles, Kindred probably has much more posts in private area, and Arantor has 24k more posts in public.
67127 on 3357 pages - total 67,307
43104 on 2156 pages - total 54,655
30644 on 1533 pages - total 47,122
24278 on 1214 pages - total 36,102

It's more complicated, because Show Posts includes the Chit Chat's posts while post count does not.

Gary

Quote from: Hristo on July 17, 2017, 07:15:17 AM
It's more complicated, because Show Posts includes the Chit Chat's posts while post count does not.
With the additional where Arantor has posted in private non-public areas. Those posts count to the post count total, yet wont be shown in the Show Posts list.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

SleePy

Quote from: Arantor on July 14, 2017, 03:09:38 AM

We could change your date registered to match ;)
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Advertisement: