News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Suddenly Errors

Started by virtualdave, July 15, 2017, 05:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

virtualdave

A few days ago I was informed that there was something weird happening on my ice fishing site. This is not prime ice fishing season so things are quite dead on this site during the summer months. I checked it out and found that there were errors when trying to look at topics. This is what I found.

Function name must be a string in /home/*****/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 142

$request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
SELECT variable, value
FROM {db_prefix}settings',
array(
)
);

I checked the admin panel and saw that there was a new patch 2.14 available and figured that installing that might fix my issue. All tests were successful so I proceeded with the install and lost contact with the site completely. I had been a while since I had done a large upgrade so I downloaded the 2.14 large upgrade and ftp'ed it to my forum folder. Now I cannot get the upgrade.php file to open. My host tells me that the error is this:

PHP Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /home/*****/public_html/forum/upgrade.php on line 854

// Load the modSettings data...
$request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
SELECT variable, value
FROM {db_prefix}settings',
array(
'db_error_skip' => true,
)
);

So my question is any ideas? what is this?
thanks for your thoughts.

Sir Osis of Liver

Which php version is your host running?  2.0.14 requires php 5.4 or higher.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

virtualdave

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on July 15, 2017, 05:39:51 PM
Which php version is your host running?  2.0.14 requires php 5.4 or higher.

Checked that early on, PHP 5.6

Illori

verify it with your host or a phpinfo page, it seems you are not using php 5.4 or higher.

virtualdave

Despite being told that I was on php 5.6. It was actually 5.3. I got that fixed and everything is hunky dory.
thanks for the assist.

Advertisement: