News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Horizontal Gap at the Top

Started by Ilkharnos, July 18, 2017, 06:18:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ilkharnos

Hello,

After I have successfully converted my forum to UTF8, a new problem appeared. There is a horizontal gap at the top of my forum, and I couldn't remove it regardless of how hard I try. At first I thought it was a style.css problem. Although I hadn't touched any style sheets or php codes earlier and the gap had appeared out of nowhere, I tried to remove the gap through these codes but it didn't work.

Later, I found out that it might be a different problem which related to BOM (i have little knowledge about what it is) and these kind of gaps might be seen in UTF8 sites and it is something created by Windows. However, I couldn't find any solution to remove this gap from my SMF forum yet.

I would be grateful for any kind of help. Thank you very much in advance.

Regards.

Illori

can you provide a link to your forum so we can look into the issue further?

Deaks

may be easier or a screenshot as it seems your site is closed to guests (http://karamigfer.com/)
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Ilkharnos

Drunken Clam

I don't see the gap you are referring to....... nor do I see any SMF copyright..  ::)

Ilkharnos

You may see the gap in the screenshot.

Regarding copyright: I'm not aware of what is missing in my site. I would be grateful if you can tell me what can be done about it.

Steve

How could you not be aware? Someone had to remove it.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Ilkharnos

I made many alterations in the past for the purpose of customization. I might have removed it (I don't see another sensible explanation) but unfortunately I don't remember anything. I haven't been actively using this site for a long time and all of the knowledge is lost to me. That's why I wasn't aware of it. But now I became aware of what I had made was a mistake.

I should take the responsibility since I am the only admin. I would like to correct it if I may.

Regards.

Ilkharnos

I added copyright information in the footer section and used some css styles (I hope it is OK)

http://karamigfer.com/index.php 

Antes

I think there is a small hiccup on code check your index.template.

Ilkharnos

I'm not sure about how I'm supposed to correct the code. I searched for the code you had written but I couldn't find it.

Antes

Attach index.template.php file of the theme.

Ilkharnos

Here is the index.template.php of my theme. Thank you very much.

Antes

Ilkharnos

Unfortunately, the gap is still there. I tried it with different browsers and cleared the cache before checking it.

Antes

Quote from: Ilkharnos on July 20, 2017, 05:39:15 AM
Unfortunately, the gap is still there. I tried it with different browsers and cleared the cache before checking it.

Then its not related to template but JS... Something effecting body element but doing something wrong in there.

Ilkharnos

This solved my problem. I made a search using file_check.php and found three BOM errors. I modified those .php files with notepad++. Bingo.

I am grateful for your help. Thank you very much.

Advertisement: