How to add 'Theme Options' to Current Theme settings?

Started by confuseamuse, July 19, 2017, 02:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

confuseamuse

I would like to allow users with the relevant permissions (such as moderators) to be able to upload an image on a per board basis.

I'm using the default SMF theme with some customisation. Where would I need the code for this to go?

br360

You can do this by creating a new board profile and then choosing which groups can do specific actions (like uploading attachments)

Take a look at this link- http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/All_about_permission_profiles

confuseamuse

Wouldn't I need to do more than that? Could I use a system similar to uploaded avatars with attachments?

How I imagine it would work is each board allows a user (with the required permissions) to upload a background image. Every time an image is uploaded, it overwrites the current image that's used for that particular board.

On the setting side of things, I'd then assign this permission specifically to the board moderators.

Kindred

no... there is no good way to do that, currently

you would have to find someone to write it for you...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

confuseamuse

Hmm. Ok.

I think it's time to legitimately learn PHP, instead of the hack job I've been doing so far. Going to mark this topic as solved regardless.

Advertisement: