News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Profile Issue

Started by Novice, July 19, 2017, 07:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Novice

I have admin permissions and I can't seem to specify an image URL to a members account. The address is correct and the image exists but, when you select "Specify avatar by URL" it does not make the connection. It appears as though it's doing it's thing correctly but in fact it captures a part of the image and then defaults to "Upload an avatar". Did the upload the avatar and that function works. To fix the issue I went to PHP Myadmin and manually entered the image path.

One other issue pertains to the auto email that is to be sent to a member when his or her member ID is changed. It says in pink that it's going to send one but it never does. All other email functions are working fine.

I'm using SMF 2.0.14

Sir Osis of Liver

Admin -> Attachments and Avatars -> Avatar Settings -> Membergroups allowed to select an external URL
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Illori

Quote from: Novice on July 19, 2017, 07:08:55 AM
One other issue pertains to the auto email that is to be sent to a member when his or her member ID is changed. It says in pink that it's going to send one but it never does. All other email functions are working fine.

never in SMF does a users member ID change, can you explain what exactly you mean?

@rjen

Trying am https avatar? That dies not work
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

Novice

Quote from: Illori on July 19, 2017, 01:11:21 PM
Quote from: Novice on July 19, 2017, 07:08:55 AM

never in SMF does a users member ID change, can you explain what exactly you mean?

My bad...Not changed but used, like in an auto form letter. The syntax w/parenthesis is correct to insert the Username but, the syntax w/parenthesis is what they receive instead of their username.

efk

Don't miss a button in permissions "Choose a remotely stored avatar" - maybe this is not ticked.
Also I noticed how some images can't be used from some hosting servers. About 2 weeks ago was provided link from some Romanian site and we had to download/upload it in order to use.

Advertisement: