post count based groups as teams?

Started by panoskouf, July 20, 2017, 01:38:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

panoskouf

Example:

General Groups: Soldier, Animal 

Post Count Based Groups: Enlisted(0 posts), Mouse(0posts), Army-Man(10posts), Cat(10posts)

I want if I have assigned a user to Soldier general group, that he can be member of Enlisted and Army-Man post Count Based Groups
and not  Mouse and Cat.

Likewise if I have assigned a user to Animal general group, that he can be member of Mouse and Cat (when he reaches the posts that are needed) and not Enlisted and Army-Man

how can I do this?
Thanks in advance

efk

I don't understand your question, but will explain how the system is working.
Go to Admin panel/Members/Membergroups/Add Membergroup.
Now you are asked what group type do you want:

Private (Membership must be assigned) - for staff members, special users, everyone who can access to promote/demote people can assign members to these membergroups
Protected (Only administrators can manage and assign) - as it says, private and only main Administrator can play with membergroup (not 100% sure, but probably there are tricks which can give access to more high membergroups to edit them because when you create a membergroup there is a "Moderators:" button which should do its job probably for staff member to be able to manage that specific membergroup)
Requestable (User may request membership) - as it says, member request, you approve or deny - this can be something for you
Free (User may leave and join group at will) - exactly what you need, explanation will be bellow for how you could use it
Post Based (Membership based on post count) - this is default after how many posts membergroup will be changed, you can make a lot of membergroups, but don't go with with this "Enlisted(0 posts), Mouse(0posts)" because default for smf is 1 membergroup for 0 posts, also I don't think you can have 2 membergroups at time, 1 won't work.

Now about what you need is to set when users can change their membergroup. There is something with which you can manually set the number of posts when you want to be exact membergroup used for your members. Forgot to mention, my friend told me and gave me somewhere some simple code for icon which will allow me to set icon above profile connected with custom profile field levels (not membergroup icon/stars, above it was set custom achievement) for exact number of levels when achievement will be displayed, only 1 at time. I will try to find it for you, so maybe that trick will work for you.

panoskouf

OK, let me rephrase.

Lets say I have a post count based group "A" ( 0 posts)
And I have two more post count based groups "B" and "C" (10 posts) for both.

How do I choose that users in "A" go to "C" and not "B" when reaching 10 posts?

is there a mod for that if that is not possible?

Edited to remove size tags. Please refrain from using them if possible as most support is provided by mobile phone. ~ Steve

Illori

no mod that i know of, this is not possible by default.

Arantor

This isn't possible without significant changes to SMF's entire post count system. It's just not designed for this.

Advertisement: