Admin accidentally deleted... can the account be re-activated?

Started by pellet_newb, June 28, 2017, 11:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pellet_newb

Another admin accidentally deleted my account then re-created it with the same name but all of my settings and forum statistics are now gone.  All of my old posts say Guest under them.  Any chance my old account is salvageable?  Thanks

Illori

if you are running SMF 1.1, not really an easy way to fix it. you should be trying to upgrade to SMF 2.0 anyway as SMF 1.1 is not being supported.

finnich

faced the same problem.....it automatically started showing all the stas within a few days.

Kindred

Read the FAQ on what to do regarding a deleted admin account
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

Quote from: Kindred on July 06, 2017, 06:12:20 AM
Read the FAQ on what to do regarding a deleted admin account

that FAQ does not do anything with topics/posts made to make then no longer show up as a guest.

Pipke

on version 2.0.* you can fix it by reattributing user posts:

Log into your SMF admin dashboard. From the entry page, click Admin from the upper menu. This will reveal a second menu just underneath the first. Hover over Main and click on Administration Center from the popup submenu. At the bottom of the page is a list of maintenance categories. Find and click on the link entitled Forum Maintenance. Under the Forum Maintenance section you will see a small menu. Click on the Members link to open the next screen. From this screen you will be able to select both the source and destination users. The source user is the user you want to move the posts from and the destination user is the user the posts will be assigned to. Once you have entered the information click on the Reattribute button to finalize the changes. You will be met with a confirmation popup. Click on the OK button to confirm. Once confirmed, the posts will be moved to the new user-owner.
"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Click here to view my mods for SMF

Hey 👋 Did i helped... you like what i do. You can now buy me a coffee! ☕

Advertisement: