group permission questions

Started by paulasheri, July 23, 2017, 04:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulasheri

my question i think is tied into this thread so thought i'd add on...

what we want is for the moderator of one board to NOT HAVE moderator rights on OTHER boards.  on another forum platform i was able to create separate profiles to assign individual boards to that had membergroups with unique members in them.  So my "Welcome Section" profile had a list of membergroups that had only 2 moderators (all the other sections' moderators having been moved into a "regular" membergroup for that profile).  i tried to do that on my smf 2.0.12 forum but realized that even when editing the membergroups for the "Welcome Section" profile, removing members from the moderator group removed them from even the default profile moderator group.  i thought perhaps it was because the permission profile was borrowing permissions from the default group, so said i wanted to use custom permissions.  Made no difference, no matter how many different profiles I set up, I seem tied to ONE set of membergroups.

Any suggestions?  Thanks for the help.

creativeinfusiondesigns.com

Illori

topic split, please dont bump old topics it is always better here to start a new topic rather then bumping an old topic.

Kindred

if you want to assign a user to be a moderator of one (or more) board, then you do so by assigning it specifically in the BOARD settings.

Using membergroups, moderators are global.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Or, you play the create a new permissions profile and assign it to that board.

Advertisement: