News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

BBC codes and smileys don't work

Started by sheryltoo, July 29, 2017, 04:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheryltoo

I can't use BBC codes or smileys in my site when I'm using Microsoft Edge for my browser but I can use them here and at other SMF sites. Do I need to make some change on my site?
If I switch to IE, they work fine but for some reason won't work on Edge for my site only.

@rjen

Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

sheryltoo

I just updated to 2.0.14 but this has been an issue for me ever since I started using Edge back in Windows 8 but what I realized today and after I posted my question is that this issue only seems to be on one of my computers. I tried using the forum on my husband's Windows 10 computer and everything worked fine. I also tried it on my Surface tablet and again the BBC's and smileys worked fine.
Now I'm thinking it has something to do with my computer but I can't imagine what.
I've asked for some help at the Microsoft help site and a Windows forum that I belong to.

sheryltoo

Just wanted to report that after reading information in the link you attached, I thought I'd try clearing my cache for Edge before seeing if I could try and make some changes to one of the scripts and that seemed to do the trick. Thanks for the link. Even though I didn't have to edit anything, the suggestions in it helped me.

Advertisement: