News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Upgrade from 1.1.21 to 2.0.11 makes my website crash

Started by LexSurax, August 05, 2017, 12:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LexSurax

Hey guys,
I'm curious if you can help me with this problem.

We've got our current website completely intergrated with smf 2.1.11
The problem is that if we try to upgrade to smf 2.x.x ,the main page, (which uses smf data) won't even load.
we've got a testwebsite to try to come up with solutions, but none so far has worked.

To be clear, the guy who made that site to work as it is, isn't availible anymore, and i'm a bit of a n00b on this.
But i'll do my best to answer all questions you might have concerning this problem.

Illori

is it made with a portal or what? can you access the source of the page so we can look into the issue further? if so attach the source files to your next post.

LexSurax

we've (and when i say we, i mean the guy who made it and not myself) made a shell in cakephp that uses smf info to login to the site and diplay the bithdays etc.
i can acces every file you want but i'm no sure which one you mean?

The url of our site is hxxp:www.mbgclan.nl/ [nonactive]

Illori

if you are not sure which files then you may be best to look to hire someone to fix the issue.

LexSurax

know anyone good?  :)
the company's i contact all work with wordpress and stuff like that and don't want to code.
to much work i think  :P

But still, you mean the ssi.php from the smf?
or a index from the main page?
or which ones?
just want to know what direction to go

Dzonny

Hello there.

I edited your link, as I believe there was a typo, please check if the current one is the right?

Do note that we don't know how cakephp framework works, and we can't tell for sure which files you should attach. We just need to see codes that's in place currently on front page of your portal, whatever file(s) that is. You may want to seek for support on cakephp website regards that, and then attach source here so we can take a look at it.

LexSurax

Quote from: Dzonny on August 05, 2017, 12:40:41 PM
Hello there.

I edited your link, as I believe there was a typo, please check if the current one is the right?

Do note that we don't know how cakephp framework works, and we can't tell for sure which files you should attach. We just need to see codes that's in place currently on front page of your portal, whatever file(s) that is. You may want to seek for support on cakephp website regards that, and then attach source here so we can take a look at it.
ok, i'll see if i can find the right files
the links is www mbgclan nl
but the forum changes it, just put in the dots

LexSurax

view-source:hxxp:www.mbgclan.nl/ [nonactive]

maybe this wil help?

Dzonny

Quote from: LexSurax on August 05, 2017, 12:48:20 PM
view-source:http://www.mbgclan.nl/

maybe this wil help?

Nope, sorry but that is just display source, we need the whole page source in order to see what exactly is done before we can tell what the problem is.

LexSurax

Quote from: Dzonny on August 05, 2017, 01:03:04 PM
Quote from: LexSurax on August 05, 2017, 12:48:20 PM
view-source:hxxp:www.mbgclan.nl/ [nonactive]

maybe this wil help?

Nope, sorry but that is just display source, we need the whole page source in order to see what exactly is done before we can tell what the problem is.
ok, then i just don't know which one you need, but í'll get back to you

LexSurax

what i can find when i'm comparing the files SSI.php and index.php from smf1.1.21 with those from 2.0.11 is a addition for a mysql search in the old smf.
i've added both files from 1.1.21
maybe that will help?

Dzonny

Quote from: LexSurax on August 05, 2017, 04:49:52 PM
what i can find when i'm comparing the files SSI.php and index.php from smf1.1.21 with those from 2.0.11 is a addition for a mysql search in the old smf.
i've added both files from 1.1.21
maybe that will help?
Again, it's best to find source files for your front page as you'll anyway have to change those in order to have everything working after you perform the upgrade on SMF.

Kindred

1.1.x files will not work with 2.0.x
So, trying to use files designed for 1.1.x will not work, and even if it does, it not recommended

If you had additional external calls based on 1.1.x coding, you will have to change those to use the 2.0.x design... this includes anything that accessed the database through MySQL calls
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

LexSurax

ok, thanks again and it's getting clearer for me now.
i think i found some one who can tell me which files i need and then ill come back

Advertisement: