News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Change of username

Started by Prosperous, August 05, 2017, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prosperous

I was just wondering whether I could have my username changed from Pixelation to Prosperous please? Cheers.
PorkoWogVisit UsContact

Looking for or in need of free or paid hosting?
Please contact me now or visit the link above for my very own hosting service.

Sir Osis of Liver

Profile -> Account Settings -> Name

'This is the displayed name that people will see.'
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Steve

Just keep in mind you'll still have to login with your current login/password. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Arantor

Or use email and pretend you don't have a username ;)

actually, though, having a username different to display name is a good thing, makes your account harder to break into since for me, for example, my display name is Arantor, but my username definitely isn't, meaning you can't log into my account using information that is publicly visible.

Steve

THAT, is an excellent security measure that's never occurred to me before. Thanks Arantor.
DO NOT pm me for support!

d3vcho

Quote from: Arantor on August 06, 2017, 10:01:07 AM
Or use email and pretend you don't have a username ;)

actually, though, having a username different to display name is a good thing, makes your account harder to break into since for me, for example, my display name is Arantor, but my username definitely isn't, meaning you can't log into my account using information that is publicly visible.

That's definitely a pro tip. Thanks ;)
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Prosperous

I know you can change the username but I wanted the login name to be the same. Not a big issue, I'm only asking if it can be done. :)

Quote from: Steve on August 06, 2017, 09:40:31 AM
Just keep in mind you'll still have to login with your current login/password. :)

Changing the name won't update these details? That's bizarre.
PorkoWogVisit UsContact

Sir Osis of Liver

Only an admin can change a member's username.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

you can change your display name...

We generally do not change users' login details... and I see no reason why we should in this case, as changing the display name will accomplish what you need as far as visible changes - and does not require an admin's time
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Prosperous

I've requested username changes on four or five other forums and there have been no issues. I didn't think it would take too much of an administrator's time but that's fair enough. I would have much preferred my username changed as opposed to my display name that's all; easier to remember when logging in instead of requesting change of passwords.
PorkoWogVisit UsContact

Colin

Simply use your email to login and then there is no functional difference between changing your display name or username :).
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Prosperous

PorkoWogVisit UsContact

Advertisement: