News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Running HTML/PHP Code/Scripts/Templates BBC-Code Suggestion

Started by John Magdy Lotfy, August 07, 2017, 10:07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Magdy Lotfy

Hello Everybody, it 'd be great to see a new BBC-Code which we might use it to Run a PHP/HTML code/script not only showing the code on the post but to run it
For example: [ rhtml ]<a href="https://www.simplemachines.org" title="i have added r near to html tag to name it as running html and its the same as rphp = running php">Click me</a>[ rhtml ]

Illori

do you want to get hacked? this is a great way to get hacked.

John Magdy Lotfy

Quote from: Illori on August 07, 2017, 10:08:34 AM
what do you mean ??? (if you mean that by using some php scripts to hack my own Web server so by adding a Feature to Customize which PHP/HTML Functions are allowed or disallowed the proplem could be resolved)

Antes

I agree with Illori its really really edgy situation, I never ever see it coming as core feature good luck with mod request :)

Arantor

Quote from: John Magdy Lotfy on August 07, 2017, 10:11:01 AM
Quote from: Illori on August 07, 2017, 10:08:34 AM
what do you mean ??? (if you mean that by using some php scripts to hack my own Web server so by adding a Feature to Customize which PHP/HTML Functions are allowed or disallowed the proplem could be resolved)

Whatever system you come up with to check what's allowed, I guarantee you I can figure out a way past it.

As for HTML, there is the HTML bbcode which is admin only because if it weren't, I could use it as a regular member to steal your cookies. And before you say that you'd only allow some HTML, again, whatever you come up with, I could find a way through it.

Bad idea all round, really. It's why forum bbcode even exists, because HTML is hard to secure when users can add their own content.

青山 素子

While you can try whitelisting rather than blacklisting, allowing any kind of raw PHP in a forum post is a serious security issue. I can't see this ever becoming a core feature due to just how difficult it is to implement safely, if such a thing is even possible.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Arantor

It isn't possible. There are way too many ways to get around even whitelists, when things like variable functions come into play.

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: