News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Code to keep someone from quoting something in [noquote] tags....

Started by dougiefresh, August 10, 2017, 09:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougiefresh

I have a Visible, Invisible and NoQuote BBcode mod that I need some help with.  The problem I have right now is that code will strip any text between those tags, which is fine for our more basic users.  But how do I keep someone from copying and pasting, and using the text that way? 

Any assistance would be appreciated!  Thanks!

EDIT:  I know right-click mods work, but they are not reliable for the intents and purposes of this mod.  It needs to be PHP side, not client side....

Arantor

dougiefresh

Quote from: Arantor on August 11, 2017, 03:19:39 AM
You don't.
Okay....  Fair enough.  I was thinking maybe breaking the text between the tags into sentences and/or comma delineated phrases and removing those from the message.  I know it wouldn't help if the sentence/phrase was changed in any way, but do you think that would accomplish the objective, at least for the most part?  I mean, it wouldn't even have to be case-sensitive....

And yes, I understand that anything I do won't stop the user from using the text on another site, or from taking a screenshot, etc, etc, etc....

Arantor

If it's in the browser, it's fair game for anything.

Even if they sit and retype it letter for letter.

Advertisement: