Advertisement:

Author Topic: Code to keep someone from quoting something in [noquote] tags....  (Read 977 times)

Offline dougiefresh

• SMF Hero
  • Mod King
    • XPtsp.com Community
I have a Visible, Invisible and NoQuote BBcode mod that I need some help with.  The problem I have right now is that code will strip any text between those tags, which is fine for our more basic users.  But how do I keep someone from copying and pasting, and using the text that way? 

Any assistance would be appreciated!  Thanks!

EDIT:  I know right-click mods work, but they are not reliable for the intents and purposes of this mod.  It needs to be PHP side, not client side....
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 09:53:20 PM by dougiefresh »

Offline Arantor

• Resident Overthinker
  • SMF Friend
  • SMF Legend
    • StoryBB/StoryBB on GitHub
Re: Code to keep someone from quoting something in [noquote] tags....
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 03:19:39 AM »
You don't.
Don’t try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person. You haven’t had enough to know what it’s like.

No good deed goes unpunished / No act of charity goes unresented.

Offline dougiefresh

• SMF Hero
  • Mod King
    • XPtsp.com Community
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 10:17:07 AM »
You don't.
Okay....  Fair enough.  I was thinking maybe breaking the text between the tags into sentences and/or comma delineated phrases and removing those from the message.  I know it wouldn't help if the sentence/phrase was changed in any way, but do you think that would accomplish the objective, at least for the most part?  I mean, it wouldn't even have to be case-sensitive....

And yes, I understand that anything I do won't stop the user from using the text on another site, or from taking a screenshot, etc, etc, etc....

Offline Arantor

• Resident Overthinker
  • SMF Friend
  • SMF Legend
    • StoryBB/StoryBB on GitHub
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 03:12:33 PM »
If it's in the browser, it's fair game for anything.

Even if they sit and retype it letter for letter.
Don’t try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person. You haven’t had enough to know what it’s like.

No good deed goes unpunished / No act of charity goes unresented.