Advertisement:

Author Topic: Code to keep someone from quoting something in [noquote] tags....  (Read 658 times)

Offline dougiefresh

• SMF Hero
    • XPtsp.com Community
I have a Visible, Invisible and NoQuote BBcode mod that I need some help with.  The problem I have right now is that code will strip any text between those tags, which is fine for our more basic users.  But how do I keep someone from copying and pasting, and using the text that way? 

Any assistance would be appreciated!  Thanks!

EDIT:  I know right-click mods work, but they are not reliable for the intents and purposes of this mod.  It needs to be PHP side, not client side....
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 09:53:20 PM by dougiefresh »
NOTICE:  My website is back up!

My Free Simple Machines mods on XPtsp.com and Simple Machines Customization Site!
My mods are being uploaded and are available at GitHub as well!

Offline Arantor

• Resident Overthinker
  • SMF Friend
  • SMF Legend
    • Arantor on GitHub
Re: Code to keep someone from quoting something in [noquote] tags....
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 03:19:39 AM »
You don't.
To assume is to hope that those who came before had the presence of mind and capacity to implement the dreams of those who would come after.

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. It seems you have chosen which, and now I must do the same.

Offline dougiefresh

• SMF Hero
    • XPtsp.com Community
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 10:17:07 AM »
You don't.
Okay....  Fair enough.  I was thinking maybe breaking the text between the tags into sentences and/or comma delineated phrases and removing those from the message.  I know it wouldn't help if the sentence/phrase was changed in any way, but do you think that would accomplish the objective, at least for the most part?  I mean, it wouldn't even have to be case-sensitive....

And yes, I understand that anything I do won't stop the user from using the text on another site, or from taking a screenshot, etc, etc, etc....
NOTICE:  My website is back up!

My Free Simple Machines mods on XPtsp.com and Simple Machines Customization Site!
My mods are being uploaded and are available at GitHub as well!

Offline Arantor

• Resident Overthinker
  • SMF Friend
  • SMF Legend
    • Arantor on GitHub
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 03:12:33 PM »
If it's in the browser, it's fair game for anything.

Even if they sit and retype it letter for letter.
To assume is to hope that those who came before had the presence of mind and capacity to implement the dreams of those who would come after.

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. It seems you have chosen which, and now I must do the same.