News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

move forum-same host-new IP

Started by DarkAngel612, August 13, 2017, 03:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkAngel612

I moved the forum like as if it were to a new host...

- transferred files to new account
- removed the "add-on" from where it lived
- added it as an add-on/subforum to new account
- tried it (very early this morning was moved) and get this message:
Not Found The requested URL /index.php was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Same server/host just will have new account holder with different ip from before. Is it doing what a brand new account would do and propagate the web?
I also tried running repair_settings and no joy for that either, still not found.
I need to upgrade it also which is why I was wondering about if there was something else going on...
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Probably yes, needs to propagate through the web when new IP is done... most times between 24-48 hours
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

DarkAngel612

ok, thought so and now I find that c-panel might be the culprit too. Seems that when you create the add-on it shoots the info into the rest of the  slots, however unlike previous versions it used to list the directories needed to the public_htm area, now it does not. It plops them into the root area not that section.

So I deleted the one and recreated with adding the public_html part and now I see a Maintenance Mode showing.

It does this same thing when creating FTP accounts too.

Thanks.
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Advertisement: