Issue with Safari on new iOS

Started by Rackie, August 15, 2017, 10:31:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rackie

I have been told by some users of my forum that since upgrading their iPhones to the new iOS, they can't access the forum using Safari on mobile data (it works fine when connected to wifi).
The obvious fix is using a different web browser, but we have a number of users who are not tech-savvy enough to do so, and will just assume the forum is no longer working.

Does anyone know if this is an SMF issue? The site itself works, just the forum that displays a blank screen. I'm still waiting to hear back from my hosts to find out if it might be a server-end issue so thought I should ask here in the mean time.

The users have tried all the usual restarts/refreshes/clearing cache/resetting network etc. but to no avail.
(Using SMF 2.0.14)

Rackie

Just an update, my server hosts have said they can't see that it's anything their end, might we have any software running on the forum that might be implementing some sort of block?
I haven't recently updated the forum in any way or put in any new packages etc.  Does anyone know what I could look for to find out the cause?  I'm a little out of my depth.

Gwenwyfar

Does the problem happen only on your forum, or are any other sites affected?
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Rackie

It was just our forum.  I've just had a message from our hosts that a network block was placed on a couple of iOS IP addresses, due to some security infractions.  All seems to be sorted now though, so it was server end after all!  Apologies :)!

Advertisement: