News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How to move board title to the right of board image

Started by Numinous, August 18, 2017, 01:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Numinous

Hello All

Can anyone tell me how i can move the board title to the right of the board image i have added please. I used to do it through html code added in forum description box but i accidentally deleted my doc where i kept a copy of this code and i cant remember how i did it. I like the title to be aligned to the right of the image instead of above it and directly above the forum description. My images are already aligned to the left but title is staying above.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Numinous

Good day to you sir Osis

I am finishing the design off on a local stack before i install it on my vps so not online yet but will be in a few days.

Sir Osis of Liver

Would have to see it to help you with this.  Can you post a screenshot and tell us which theme you're running?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Illori

you really should not be using HTML in the board title. you should instead use a mod that can add the icon for you. or use css.

i know there is another topic on it, but https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=503446.0 should help you with the css you can use.

Numinous

Hi

I used html to add board image as per https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Images_-_How_do_I_add_images_to_the_board%27s_description as i would rather do it like that as per smf online manual instead of relying on another mod. I added some html code before to the board image code which made the title align nicely with no problems but as i cant remember how. I have tried to follow your advice and use css but no luck.

I already have the board images displaying correctly (to the right of the board icon) but i would like to move the board/subject title to the right of my images.

I think there may be some confusion over what i am trying to achieve so i will attach a pic of a random forum with the effect i am trying to get...

Numinous

Ps. I am using the Alpha centauri theme as my base Sir Osis

Illori

moving forward [SMF 2.1] we do not allow html in board descriptions, so this should be done with css instead.

Numinous

Ok thanks, Firebug has located selector hxxp:td.info [nonactive] a.subject but i cannot create desired affect yet. I will spend some trying to figure it out and will post results later.

Also, how are board images added in SMF 2.1?

Advertisement: