News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Problem While Upgrading

Started by wicked1, August 19, 2017, 01:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wicked1

One of my sites was using an older version of SMF (1.1.something) so I went to upgrade it right now using the upgrader zip and ran into a problem.
All of the files transferred correctly and it backed up the forum tables just fine, but then this popped up:

QuoteExecuting upgrade script 1 of 2.
Executing: "Updating thumbnails..." (11 of 19 - of this script)

!!Error!
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' width = 530, height = 429 WHERE ID_ATTACH = 7271 LIMI' at line 3

I have tried googling to find help with this along with searching this forum, but can't seem to find the answer.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction so I can finish the upgrade?

Sir Osis of Liver

'1.1.something' isn't very helpful.  Older 1.1.x versions don't like to upgrade directly to 2.0.14.  You may have to upgrade to 1.1.21, then to 2.0.14.  Make sure your server is running php 5.4 minimum, or 2.0.14 will not work.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

wicked1

I just checked and it was 1.1.21, but I can't seem to edit my post.
PHP Version 5.6.31

Sir Osis of Liver

You should have no problem upgrading 1.1.21 to 2.0.14.  Have you restored the 1.1.21 install and got it running?  Which MySQL version are you running?  Is it MariaDB?

- R. Waters

wicked1

No I haven't restored the install.

mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev

Sir Osis of Liver

It's possible the mysql driver may be causing a problem, but I doubt it.  Check with your host, maybe they'll recognize the error.

Can you get your forum running in 1.1.21?

- R. Waters

wicked1

It turned out starting the upgrader over again fixed whatever the issue was, and I have no idea why but it's upgraded and working fine now. Thanks for trying to help.

Advertisement: