News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Cant change anything [CSS/image]

Started by Stefannn, August 19, 2017, 04:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stefannn

Hi guys, i had SMF Forum few years ago. Yesterday i found the backup files and i like to start the forum again, but with some changes of course. I upgraded it to 2.0.14 yesterday, i think i upgraded it correctly, because everything is working fine, but i have huge problem when i try to edit something in CSS.

First i tried to edit some images, so i made new image, replace it with the old one..

For example: there is a badge - admin.png in the folder, i replaced it with another badge, but it still not changing.

And yeah, i am testing on localhost - XAMPP, so the directory is in htdoc/Themes/name/images ... And i am sure i am replacing the correct files.
Any help, please ?

Gwenwyfar

Have you tried refreshing your browser's cache? (ctrl + f5 on most browsers, on the page you wish to refresh, or you can clear it manually)
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Stefannn

I cant really believe that i am that big idiot ... I was just trying F5 for more then 3 hours ...

Thank you so so so much.

Gwenwyfar

Simple mistake if you forget or don't know how browsers cache things :) Things like favicons or some server settings can result in peskier cache (ctrl + f5 is not enough for them), so always have that in mind  ;)
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Advertisement: