News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Admin page options blank 1.1.15

Started by bryanc, August 20, 2017, 01:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bryanc

Hello. Taking over as admin for a 10+ year old SMF forum running 1.1.15. Somewhere along the way after an update the admin page has gone blank. The forum is operating ok but cannot update software or change any options. I'm trying to update and move the forum to a new host but it seems the old admin was unable to fix the admin page issue. I am very new to the admin thing. Couple questions. I have read the forum needs to updated to the current 1.1.21 before I can update to version 2.x. Is there any way to move the database and integrate it with 2.x without use of the admin panel? Is this a known issue? I do not have access to the host site as the previous admin has multiple sites running on the server and, understandably, prefers that I stay off of it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

vbgamer45

Looks like a langauge pack issue.

You do not have ftp/cpanel or phpmyadmin access?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

bryanc

I do not have access, and only limited help from previous admin. I can ask him for help and see what he is willing to do. I will direct him to this thread.

Anything specific I should direct him to?

Illori

you need full access to the files and database to do backups and make sure you can upgrade correctly. you canNOT upgrade to SMF 2.0 without this access.

Advertisement: