News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

some help please 'Function name must be a string'

Started by bislab, August 20, 2017, 10:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bislab

I was trying to upgrade my SMF board from version 1.X to 2.x and after uploading the files to my server and changing all the needed permissions to files I get the following error:
Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /home/content/b/i/s/bislab/html/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 142

on that particular line I have this:

$request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '

Can anyone help please?  I don't know much of anything when it comes to PHP, but I can follow instruction and can use an editor :)

vbgamer45

You must upgrade your PHP version to at least 5.4
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

bislab

Thank you for the reply!  Seems it's time to get off my GoDaddy account then.  PHP 5.3 is all that is allowed on my current account and I'll have to upgrade (read as pay more) to get a higher version of PHP.

bislab

Is there any way to 'roll back' my smf version to the 1.x I was using?  Can I simply re-install the old version and point it to my database that was never upgraded to 2.x?

vbgamer45

If you want 2.0.13 works on PHP 5.3 get it at https://download.simplemachines.org/?archive and download the large upgrade option
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Sir Osis of Liver

GoDaddy should be able to move you to a different server running higher version of php at no additional cost, I believe they've done it for others.  As per this, php 5.3 went eol Aug 2014, has been unsupported for three years and is a security risk.  Currently supported versions are 5.6, 7.0, 7.1.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: