Modify Post button becomes unresponsive when going through Squid proxy

Started by aegersz, August 21, 2017, 04:41:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

no big deal but I wondered if anyone else had issues like me.

I have a Squid proxy at home that I use to access my forum but when I go to Modify a post, nothing happens so I have to force a page reload to trigger the Modify to work.

I can just turn off my caching proxy but wondered if I had another option ?

can the forum's behaviour be impacted in other ways by using Squid etc. ?

is there a recommendation on this ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

d3vcho

Since it happens when Squid proxy is enabled, have you tried to contact them and see if it's their error, or ours?
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Arantor

Well it's because the proxy has kept the old content. It's doing exactly what it should be doing in this situation.

aegersz

a similar thing happened with Google page speed and I see this symptom at my day job.

I guess I will have to live with it as I was only beefing up my router anyway. thanks. damn caching proxies, not perfect yet. maybe I will take it up with Squid.

I have a reverse proxy too on my home setup but it doesn't do that - it doesn't seem to cache though.

thanks guys.

The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Advertisement: