News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Posting multiple images

Started by kushty, August 24, 2017, 06:18:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kushty

Hi,

I am using v2.0.14 and I have just embedded 9 photos throughout a post on the forum. When I preview the post everything looks fine, when I post it, only the first part of the text down to where the first photo should appear is visible. the rest has gone. Anything I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Dzonny

Hello there,

Can you please specify your SMF version, and if you have any mods installed?
Also, can you post a URL to your forum, and such page where we can see what you described, or at least post a screenshot here?

Looking

Could be the code you are using to embed as well as word filter. Hard to know without actually seeing it.

kushty

Quote from: Dzonny on August 24, 2017, 06:33:15 AM
Hello there,

Can you please specify your SMF version, and if you have any mods installed?
Also, can you post a URL to your forum, and such page where we can see what you described, or at least post a screenshot here?

Hi, yes it's v2.0.14
there are no mods installed,
I don't think I can post a screenshot as I am still a "newbie"

the code I am using is as follows
[img]http://www.thecalab****.com/cctv2.png[/img]

I can't give a link to the specific page as it is only available to the community members, it's a Home Owners Association.

kushty

Quote from: Looking on August 24, 2017, 06:34:03 AM
Could be the code you are using to embed as well as word filter. Hard to know without actually seeing it.
Hi, here is the code I am using

d3vcho

Take a screenshot and post it here as an image if you aren't able to attach it.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

kushty

Quote from: d3vcho(); on August 24, 2017, 07:24:47 AM
Take a screenshot and post it here as an image if you aren't able to attach it.

Okay will try to attach them first. 1st one shows the editor, second shows the preview and 3rd shows the post.

Illori

also ask your host to disable mod_security.

Dzonny

Can you please post a list of your mods? Also please let us know if there's anything in your error log?

lady_l

It does sound like there is "something" limiting the number of pictures in a post.  But wanted to mention that the path looks odd to me:

The pictures are not in a sub-directory or folder?   

Hope this helps,
Lady L.
"And we're vagabonds/we travel without seatbelts on/we live this close to death"

Illori

that usually is mod_security. can you reach out to your host about this?

Dzonny

Can you please attach image here instead of adding it to a post, as we can't see it? It really can be mod_security like Illori mentioned, it may be wise to get in touch with your hosting support though.

kushty

I have turned mod_security off on my panel for this account but will check to make sure it is off with my hosting co. It does seem strange as the photos preview fine, just how they should do.

I have checked the logs and can see no errors for this sort of thing.

The photos are uploaded to the domain root, rather than uploaded from the PC to SMF folders. I have also, just tried to embed the screenshots here and they don't even show in preview.

Dzonny

kushty, is this problem solved? If so please mark this topic as solved, and if not please let us know about what hosting support said regards mod_security.

kushty

Hi Guys, the problem is now solved. I left for a few days and went back to it with fresh eyes and I saw the problem and it's a strange one. The problem had nothing to do with the in-line images, it was some characters that for some reason the forum didn't like I noticed that the post text stopped after few paragraphs, when the next word started like so ...Time now and once I corrected that it went to the next instance of it like so time on...

Once I removed all instances of it the problem disappeared. Thanks for all your suggestions and hope this helps someone else.

One other thing too, the original text was copied and pasted, maybe that was a factor too.

EDIT: The reason I say the last line is because it works fine me typing the text here.

Advertisement: