News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Site not working after migration

Started by rackons2015, September 01, 2017, 11:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rackons2015

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on September 06, 2017, 12:39:24 PM
If there's nothing else in .htaccess delete the file. 
If that doesn't work, upload a clean set of files and try to get the forum working.

Thanks for your reply, i have already delete .htaccess file and also edit .htaccess but both option is not working, when we do anything in like as above option in .htaccess then other page will be show 404 error. otherwise it display only home page.

Sir Osis of Liver

Something is still rewriting forum urls.  Can you pm FTP access (server/username/password)?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Pretty urls is still installed, that's what's causing the problem.  If I replace /Sources, the problem is fixed, but it will break your mods.  You must either uninstall the mod with package manager, or manually if pm can't do it.  Or you can upload a clean set of files and reinstall any mods you still need.

Quote from: Dzonny on September 06, 2017, 06:00:05 AM
Do you have more mods installed on your forum apart from prettyURLs? Do you have backup from before prettyURLs in your Packages/backups directory?

Looks like pretty urls was the first of nine mods installed in April and August.  Assuming forum has been working until recently, problem may have been caused by one of the more recent mod installs, there may be a conflict.  Restoring the pretty urls pm backup doesn't seem like a good idea, since it's the first mod and is obviously screwed up.  I would go with a clean install.  This is not a host or .htaccess problem, just a borked mod.

- R. Waters

rackons2015

no one help me.. my problem is not solve till today.

:-[ :-[ :-[

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on September 08, 2017, 11:24:23 PM
You must either uninstall the mod with package manager, or manually if pm can't do it.  Or you can upload a clean set of files and reinstall any mods you still need.

If you are unable to do this yourself, pm FTP access (server/username/password) and I'll have a look.

- R. Waters

rackons2015

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on September 14, 2017, 04:32:33 PM
Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on September 08, 2017, 11:24:23 PM
You must either uninstall the mod with package manager, or manually if pm can't do it.  Or you can upload a clean set of files and reinstall any mods you still need.

If you are unable to do this yourself, pm FTP access (server/username/password) and I'll have a look.

I have already send PM , FTP access (server/username/password) .

have you seen your Inbox?

rackons2015

Dear Sir,

i mentioned here to all process of my forums :

firstly i take backup of my forum coz that time i need switch my hosting. so i have migrate to my forums files and sql from one hosting to another .
before migration of my site, this forum was working well.. but when i upload all files and sql then run my forum but it display only home page not other page is open include login , register and admin page. so please suggest me how can we logged in admin or worked well other page. i have already checked my htaccess that file also correct.

and as per this forum suggestion i have delete my all addons but my forum is not working well so please give me good solution for my forums

Thanks

Sir Osis of Liver

As per my response to your pm, I need FTP access to your account root.  I can only access the forum directory with the info you gave me.

- R. Waters

rackons2015

but why you need for other site access ?

i have face problem in my forum only. so i have provide you my forum access.

So can you tell me why you want to check my other files and folders ?

Arantor

Because other files can interfere with the forum...

rackons2015

but other domain folder is not related to this forum subdomain . so why they are interrupted ?

If possible so please solve from forum without access of other domain files

Arantor

Because things outside the forum folder can affect things inside the forum folder.

I mean, I'm only a 15 year veteran of PHP, been doing websites for nearly 20 years, working professionally as a web dev for some of the largest institutions in the world, oh and formerly of the SMF dev team... if you tell me it can't be a thing, I guess you must be right...

rackons2015

My problem was solved. i have install new forum and use previous database, themes and modules then it work perfectly.

Thanks to all

Advertisement: