News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

fixing failed test on uninstall of a mod

Started by brynn, September 02, 2017, 08:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brynn

Hi Friends,
I'm uninstalling a mod, and it gives me a couple of failed tests.  I've read this http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Error_in_mod_installation, so I know what to do....more or less.

Attached is a screenshot of the "fixing instructions" for lack of better word.  Does that mean it wants me to add a blank line before the
?>
?  Or a blank space?

The file already does have a blank line before.   Does it want another blank line?  Or it wants a blank space? 

I'm still a little unsteady on my own with this.  So I appreciate your support.

Actually, when I compare this file with others like it, actually with any other php file, it looks just like all the others, around the area of
?>
which appears to be just the "end of code" symbol.  They all have a blank line just before (and no blank space). Could this be a mistake with the uninstall tests?  There must be some other meaning which I have not grasped....

Thank you very much :)

Illori

brynn

I'm trying to UNinstall OS and Browser Detection  mod (version 1.5) from this forum:  https://www.inkscapecuttingdesign.com/smf/index.php

The affected files are:
   ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.spanish_es-utf8.php
and
   ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.spanish_latin-utf8.php

They both have the same "fixing instructions".  But none of the other languages files failed.  (Or any other files.)

Illori

then you need find the strings that the mod added to those files and remove the strings. other mods may have added their own strings and moved what it is searching for higher up in the file.

brynn

It doesn't look like that mod added anything to the file.  In that file, there are 3 sections. Reason for Editing mod (a mod that asks the member to post the reason they edited their message), Dev Center mod, and Bad Behavior mod.

Not unless this OS and Browser Detection mod added something into the sections for those other mods.  Could that have happened?

Edit
It's hard to get an idea by glancing at the code, since it's in Spanish.  But if that could have happened, I'll try to get it translated.

Sir Osis of Liver

It will not cause any problems if you uninstall the mod and leave the language file edits.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

brynn

Thanks SOL.

I honestly don't think the mod made any edits to these 2 files.    Every line specifically mentions one of those 3 other mods.  So there are no lines which appear to come from the one I'm uninstalling.

I'll mark this one solved.  Thanks again :)

Advertisement: